Saturday, May 4, 2013

Saturday's Little Side Trip!

Good Day Inky People!

As today's post suggests, I am on a little road trip today!  I am heading for Deer Lake to meet with some of my demonstrators.  We will be playing this afternoon with some of the new techniques I have done over the last couple of months and talking business (which of course means food, drink and stamping, gotta love it!)

So that's this afternoon taken care of!  Today's share is a card that I designed for a commission.  A customer needs a first Birthday Card for her grandson.  It seems she can't find one with his name on it that suits her.  That's where I come in.  One of the great things about Stampin' Up! is the amount of Tools that we can purchase, and over time I have purchased quite a few :O) 

I did use some retired products on this card but because this is not a class I figured, why Not!  So have a little look -

 
I used "Little Friends" for my focal image.  I think this image is perfect for a little boy who is turning one!  I stamped the image in Basic Gray and colored in with blender pen and various colors ranging from Cajun Craze to Marina Mist.
 
  I used some of last years DSP from Sale a Bration for the bottom of the card.  I cut out the letters with my Big Shot and sponged them for shadowing and to make them stand out.
 
  I found a retired greeting stamp that fit my card perfectly!  Then I stamped the number one from Patterned Party and fussy cut it out and glued it on to the greeting. Whoo hoo perfect, but I thought it needed a little something.  So I made a VERY small pinwheel.  The measurements for the pinwheel are 1" x 1".  Yep, small!!! 

 
Here's a close up of the details and how it is popped up.  Now I only have to finish the inside and it's done.  I hope she likes it.
 
Well that's it for today, got to pack some supplies for Deer Lake!  Can't wait! 
 
Buoyed up hugs! (get it?  Boy ed up!)  haha I crack myself up!  (yeah, I know it's lame but hey it's my blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment