Friday, May 3, 2013

A Special Day!

Good Day Stampers!

Yesterday was a good day!  Now anyone who knows me, knows that I generally try to make every day a good day, but for some reason yesterday I was more productive and had less back pain.

I am a really up beat person (sometimes it drives my hubby crazy) but sometimes, like everyone, I get a little blue.  Well not yesterday!

Got up and went to the mail with my sympathy card and a Mother's day card for DD.  I got rid of the re-cycle (here in Massey Drive we don't have a pick up program), got groceries, made a Pea Soup and some buns for supper.  Got some housework done and cleaned up the craft room.  Whew! 

I cleaned the craft room in anticipation of my friend coming over to play.  And play we did!  She wanted a card for a baby christening.  She needed a card for a boy and every time I went for a color or a ribbon I picked up a pink something.  Too funny!

I guess Miss Emily is on my mind as right now she is fighting a virus and has been running a fever for the last couple of days.  She is also cutting FIVE teeth at the same time.  Poor little mite!  But Carrie is doing a great job.  Her instincts are wonderful and I am not worried!

Today's share is of course the Christening card we worked on last night, enjoy -

 
We used Bashful Blue for the card and Marina Mist for the Accent color.  I embossed the top half of the Marina Mist layer with Cloudy Day embossing folder.  We stamped the images from "Special Day" in Basic Grey and colored the baby in with Blender pen.  Sharon cut the baby out and popped it up with dimensionals.
 
The greeting is a retired one but I don't have a lot of baby sentiments so I tend to keep them even if they have been retired.  This sentiment was Stamped in Basic Grey and cut out with the Oval Framelits.  It is also popped up with dimension dots.

 
Here is a close up of the focal image.  I traced some of the lines with a Bashful Blue marker and Sharon used Blush Blossom for the face and hand. 
 
Both of us were very pleased with the end product. 
 
Now just a little side note - I enjoy blogging and sometimes I speak as if I know all of you out there in cyber land.  I try to keep it light and funny ('cause those are the kind of posts I like to read and I figure you do also.) and give you all something to look at that is pretty.  (and that is not a picture of me lol)  But sometimes I wonder if anyone is actually reading these almost daily glimpses into my life.
 
I guess by now you are wondering where I  am going with this, well,  last night I opened up my e-mail to see a letter from a reader.  She said she was a former Newfoundlander now transplanted to Ontario, and the letter said she looked forward to my postings and to keep up the good work.
 
This was a wonderful surprise and I was so pleased to know that someone was reading my posts and enjoying them.  Gave me a warm feeling inside.  So thank you Nicolle for you e-mail.  You  made my day special!
 
These pictures are for you -
 
 
A beautiful day on the Avalon!



 
A sun ray on the water in Baie Verte!
 
Enjoy Nicolle! 
 
That's it for me!  Thankful hugs!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment