Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Little Sympathy!

Happy May Day Inky People!

Today is the First of May and May is my month.  I love May, not just because I have a birthday in May but because the birds and the little critters in my back yard are frisky (If you know what I mean) and it's crazy out there.  Also some of my flowers are up and looking so pretty.  May to me, means the end of winter and the beginning of better weather and summer.  I love summer.  It is never long enough!

As you know, every month Stampin' Up! releases a new stamp set combining the old and the new.  This month's set is "Brides and Babies"  So cute!  Click HERE to see the new release.

While this post appears up beat, and I hate to bring you down, but my share for you today is a sympathy card.  I have it for one of my fellow demonstrator's mom, who just passed away.  I didn't know her mom but I am sure her daughter is feeling the loss of her mom.  So I wanted to send her a special card showing her that I know how it feels.

So here is my share for today -

 
 
I used Very Vanilla for the main card base and Basic Black and Pool Party for the accent colors.  I ran the Pool Party card stock through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  I sponged the whole piece with Pool Party Ink so the lovely design will stand out.
 
I used "Layered Labels" for the Focal image.  I Embossed the whole image in Basic Black Embossing Powder.  I stamped the center piece twice so I could cut it out and pop it up with Dimensionals.  I punched out some leaves from Basic Black Card stock using the Bird Builder Punch.  I added a couple of Flowers from Flower Trim in the Spring Mini. I added some Victoria Crochet trim.  All of these items have a Vanilla color and matched what I wanted to do.
 
Now I have to go and get this into the mail.  No good to make them and then have problems mailing them right?
 
Heartfelt hugs!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment