Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Retired but still Working for Me!

Hello there Stampers!

Just a little update on booking our camping site.  I just know all of you are dying to  know what happened last Wednesday when the reservation site opened up.   Picture this!

Check list:

1:  Up Early (check)(6:00am)
2:  Several Computers readied and waiting (check)
3:  Website on all computers opened up 10 times (check)
4:  Information for payment printed up on 10 sheets of paper (check) ( only two of us here with opposable thumbs)
5:  Husband in a panic (check)
6:  Reservation site opens at 7:00am (check)
7:  Phones at the ready (check)
8:  Hubby gets on site before me (check)  (my computer is 1  min slower than his)
9:  I race (well walk really) to home computer, (because hubby got on reservation site before me remember?)  (check)
10:  Type furiously so we won't time out. (check)
11.  Hubby anxiously pacing behind me (check)
12.  Payment information inputted (is that a word) and site confirmation printed out (check)
13:  Huge sigh of relief, finished all this nonsense by 7:04 am. ( Check)
14:  Hubby takes me to Tim Hortons to celebrate (check)
15:  I come home and go back to bed (check)

Just another race to camp at Big Falls for another year!  

Now on to my share for today.  The title of this post is Retired but still Working For Me!  The reason for this title is because I used a couple of soon to be retired stamp sets for today's card, Nature Walk and Avairy. 

I had forgotten that this year I need three Mother's day cards.  One for my mom and one for hubby's mom and one for Carrie.  I know she is not my  mom but it is her first Mother's Day and I couldn't miss the chance to send her a card. lol

Here you go:


I used Basic Black for my card and Daffodil Delight as my accent color.  Ran it though the Big Shot with The Polka Dot embossing folder ( Carrie likes polka dots).  I took the art piece and scored four lines at the top.  I stamped with Garden Green and Melon Mambo for the flower stamp.  I used markers to color in the stamp.  I did this a couple of times. 
 
I stamped the cage from Avairy in Basic Black ink.  I stamped the Bird in Basic Black also.  I tied a Daffodil Delight ribbon using seam binding.  I added a greeting at the top and put on a couple of jewels to bling it up.  Added a few dimensionals to the art piece and put it on the card.  What do you think?  I kinda like it myself.  lol.
 
That's it for me today!  Chat with you soon!
 
Retired but still working hugs!
(it's a play on words, get it?  I'm retired but I'm really still working! :O)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment