Sunday, May 26, 2013

What a Difference a Day Can Make!

Good Day Stampers!

I have calmed down since yesterday's rant!  I got a good night's sleep (yay) and my DH is out of town for the night.  It's amazing how easy it is to slow down when you are alone lol.

Today's card is not an original, I have seen it on the web in several places so I am not sure where to give credit!  But I loved the idea and the card is just what I need today.  Pink, easy and for a baby!

I got invited to a baby shower and guess what?  I only have baby boy cards.  Yep, kinda surprised me too!  I got out my soon to be retired Aviary set and paired it with Thoughts and Prayers.  It seems like a strange pairing but have a look, it works!

 
I used some of the new in colors and one of the soon to be retired colors.  The card base is Burnt Brown Sugar, the middle piece is Strawberry Slush and of course Whisper White for the art piece.  I used Pretty in Pink for the punched out flowers.  The punch I used was from the Itty Bitty Punch pack.
 
I used several markers for the Thoughts and Prayers branch, Basic Black, Old Olive and Regal Rose.  I stamped the base in Basic Black and lined up the flower spray with the base.  The punched out flower is to cover the join.  I then heat embossed the cage with gold embossing powder and stamped the little owl in Strawberry Slush ink after the embossing was cooled. 
 
 I made a little boo boo by touching the owl and smudging the ink. ( New ink pad, very juicy :O)
As I have said before, No mistakes, only an opportunity for embellishments! lol.  I sprayed the small flowers with a bit of Rubbing alcohol and crushed them.  Waited for them to dry and then glued them to the stamped flowers. 
 
 Now you may be asking yourself, "Why in heaven's name did she spend so much time inking up the stamp if she was going to cover the flowers?"  The answer is in case the flowers don't cover perfectly.  I'm covered even if they don't.
 
Added a Pretty in Pink bow and LOTS of mini pearls.  The greeting was stamped in Basic Black and comes from Friendly Phrases.  I can't believe they are retiring these stamps.  Poo! 
 
Now for some important Stampin' Up! Business!!!
 
There are only 5 days left before the new Catalog is released!
 
  •  The new catalog will be released on line May 31.  It may be viewed here. (when released)
  • For the first time SU is allowing ordering from all three catalogs, for one day only.  The annual one now current, the new Annual catalog for the upcoming year and the Spring Mini!
  • I will have an order going out on May 31st.  If you wish to contact me, I would be more than pleased to place your order for you or you can order on line here!
 
I will be hosting a New Catalog Open House
Sunday -  June 9th. from 1:00pm to 4:00pm and
Monday - June 10th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. 
 
The Address is 25 Massey Drive.  There will be displays of new products, a Door Prize, A couple of make and takes, mystery hostess and a light snack and punch and of course, the star of the show, the New Annual 2013 - 2014 Idea Book and Catalog
 
If you want to drop by please RSVP so I can prepare my make and takes in advance.  I so hope you can drop by for the fun and don`t forget to bring a friend or family member as I have a special draw for them this year.
 
Well I guess that`s enough information for one day.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
 
Pretty in Pink and not Owly anymore hugs!
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment