Saturday, June 22, 2013

I Hear Bells Number Two!


Good Day Stampers!


I am back camping but I can still be reached by e-mail if you need me.  Thank goodness the park put Wi-Fi in last year.  It has made such a difference to the quality of my camping experience.

I can just hear you now – “That’s not what “camping” is all about!”  But I have done the “Camping Experience” for over 40 years.  Years of camping with my mom and dad and sisters and 40 with my hubby.  We camped in tents for quite a few years and moved up to a hard top trailer.  That’s one where you have two bunks that slide out and have canvas over them.  Hours of fun setting up in the rain/snow and swatting at bugs.

I drew the line about 7 years ago when it became harder to bend over to reach EVERYTHING!  So I went shopping and got a lovely trailer with a slide.  Lots of space for two – or one, when the other half is gone fishing.   What is it with these people?  Do they not do hotels with room service?  I mean really!

Actually I have hardly been outside the camper as the bugs are so bad this year.  But the weather has also been cool and rainy and of course that is prime black fly and mosquito weather.

I had three Raid coils going the other day and I swear they were sitting on the side of the plate with their little legs crossed and saying to each other “Man this is good dope!”  I mean seriously, three coils didn’t make one iota of difference.

Anyway on to the reason I have this blog :O)  I am going to show you a couple of Decor items I did for my Open House. 

I did a picture of Emily and me and decorated the frame.  I love how it turned out. 

Have a look -

 
I  used Tempting Turquoise because that was the color on Emily's shirt.  I cut the name out with my Big Shot.  I punched out the flowers with the coffee filters in the Annual catalog.  Fluffed them up and also did the leaves with the sizzlet die.  I love it!


I purchased a foam board and measured and cut the board into four equal pieces of 10” X 10”.  I then cut the Epic Day Designer Paper the same size and put it on the foam board and hung it on the wall.  I actually like it so much I am leaving it there as a wall decoration.  I put the paper on with snail tape so that I can change up the DSP as I want.  I find that snail can be lifted even when it has been in place for quite awhile.


This wall treatment actually got a lot of interest. 

I also got the last two cards done before I left for the park.  I used so much whisper white card stock that I had to borrow a package to finish the classes.

 I have one on Monday evening June 24th at my home, 25 Massey Drive and I have a workshop on Tuesday night and on Wednesday I will be in Stephenville for another Wedding card class.  I will certainly be hearing “Bells” for a couple of days. 

This class was timed perfectly as apparently Colleen needs three cards and I need one.  So we have four to do and it worked out perfectly. Lol.

These cards were designed to allow the participants to change up the colors to match any weddings they will be attending.  I can’t believe I ran out of Whisper White card stock.  I usually start to panic when my stock is under 6 packages.  I have lots coming though so I should be good soon.

Now here are the last two cards for the class -

 
I reprised this card from last year.  I had to update it because one of the stamps had been retired.  Several of my stampers requested this one so here it is. lol
 
 
I used a retired sentiment for this card but everything is OK to go.  I kept it simple and give the ladies a chance to change up the colors.
 
So that's it for me today.  Got to run! 
 
Camping in the wilderness hugs!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment