Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Spooky Tale!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger here, aka Kathy's slightly demented sister! lol

Recently, our carding group got together at my house. This is typically done on a bi-weekly basis and involves making cards, female chit chat and a whole lot of laughter. However, last Tuesday evening it took on a more sinister feel!

Wilhelmena, one of our close knit group, has moved away and it has proven difficult for the rest of the group to regain the carefree air which typifies our sessions. However, we are bravely trying to soldier through . . . and so we got together last week.

[Time to turn off the lights and shine a flashlight under your chin! Warning: This gets really, really creepy!]

It seemed like it was going to be just another normal card-making session. We were sitting around the table, innocently picking out our cardstock colours and stamp sets, when suddenly I heard a disembodied Voice calling my name!!!

I quickly looked around the room, but everyone was busy and it was obvious they hadn't spoken to me. I mentally shook myself, deciding I'd imagined it. (Hey, even I can admit that I'm a little wacky at times! lol)

However, the voice persisted. . . and this is the really creepy part . . . I realized by the startled expressions on the other ladies' faces, they were hearing the Voice also!!! Given that we are strong women, we shakily decided to continue making cards and made a concerted effort to ignore the Voice!

Throughout the next couple of hours the Voice muttered continually, calling our names, and at times even breaking into maniacal laughter!


After a tense couple of hours, we finally realized that our carding friend, Wilhelmena, had joined us via FaceTime on her iPad! lol

Turns out it was a great way to connect. She worked on her projects in her own house, while we worked on ours. We chatted freely, laughed ridiculously loudly . . . as usual . . . and generally had a wonderful time! It was just like she was a disembodied voice sitting right in the room with us. Although we also got to see her face so I guess . . . technically . . .she wasn't disembodied! lol

We made some cute cards that night but, in honour of the theme of today's blog posting, I thought I'd share a quick Halloween card I just made with you:


Supplies used:

  • Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White cardstock
  • Basic Black ink
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
  • Perfect Polka Dot Embossing folder
  • Owl Builder punch (the body of the owl turned upside down, with feet cut off, to make the ghost)
  • Word Window and Modern Label punches
  • White Gel Pen
  • Pumpkin Pie ribbon
  • Ghosts and sentiment popped up on Dimensionals
And there you have it, a very simple card from a very simple mind! lol



Disembodied hugs,
Colleen, aka the Blog Hogger


No comments:

Post a Comment