Sunday, December 8, 2013

Some more Christmas!

Hi there Stampers!

Yep two days in a row.  I am feeling energized today.  I am in a cleaning mode.  Trying to get my bedroom gutted out so that when I have to spend time there in January, I won't be stressing because it is so cluttered. 

Hey don't blame me, I'm not the hoarder (except when it comes to SU stuff lol).  I am very much afraid I am married to a borderline hoarder.  Remember PigPen from the Charlie Brown cartoons?  Well, that's my hubby.  Love him to death but wherever he is, I am guaranteed to find a mess. 

So because I am feeling so positive today I have time to post another project I have sitting on my puter.

Here you go -

 
This is a gift card holder we did at my Tags class a little while ago.  I used a retired stamp set called "Jolly Old St. Nick"  I was waiting on my new Santa from the new Holiday Mini called "Santa's List"  but it didn't arrive in time for the class so I was faced with a problem and this stamp fit the bill.
 
This gift card holder is exactly the same size as a regular card but with a twist.
 


 
And here is the twist.  The bottom is glued to the card to form a pocket.  I cut the front of the card at 3 1/2" to the score line.  I used tombow glue to make sure the bottom of the card stayed put to make a pocket.  Hard for you to get  a good look lol.

 
I didn't stamp on the inside of the card yet but I will and then add a gift card and send it to my sister.  As you can see here the front of the card only opens about half way.  Cool or what?
 
I used Very Vanilla, Gumball Green and of course some of our fabulous Silver Glimmer paper.  Love this stuff.  A little goes such a long way to add some bling.  I also used the Paper stack from the new Holiday Mini called. Season of Style.  Lots of really lovely DSP in this pack. 
 
So that's it for me today.  It's back to cleaning and trying  to get ready for Xmas.  I move SO slowly that it is funny to watch.  Do some dishes - sit.  Finish the dishes - sit, start supper - sit, and repeat.  You get the idea lol. 
 


 
Keep your smile on! 
 
Energized hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment