Saturday, January 25, 2014

My Sneaky Sister & a Sneak Peek!

Hi there, everyone!

It's the Blog Hogger here, aka Kathy's sister. My sweet, adorable sister is a sneaky one! See, I've long held the belief that buying the In Color cardstock and ink was a waste of money. (Talk about being blunt, huh? lol) I mean, while the In Colors are nice and all, I wanted to buy something with staying power and they were only the "in" thing for one year.

When Stampin' Up decided to keep the In Colors for two years at a time, I became more interested. However, being stuck in a rut, I still resisted buying them. (Truthfully, I can also be a slightly stubborn person, and I hated to admit Kathy was right! lol)

So...what did my sneaky sister do? She gave me an In Color package for Christmas! Yup, I received all the cardstock and ink pads! And you know what? I really, really like them and in two years...I'll be ready for some nice fresh colors! So I guess the laugh is on me! lol

Needless to say, my card today features two In Colors. However, it also showcases a stamp from the upcoming Sale-A-Bration brochure. (Unexpected side effect from Kathy's recent surgery? I got gifted with new product so I could give you sneak peeks! Yippee!!!)

Sale-A-Bration is on from January 28th to Match 31st and it's Stampin' Up's largest sale of the year!!!

So, here's the card:


Details:

Stamp Set: You're Lovely
Cardstock: Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe & Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe
Extras: Basic Black Marker (for the handrawn lines) (p. 145 in the large catalog), Blender Pen (for coloring the flowers & stems) (p. 164), Candy Dots (in the center of the flowers) (p. 171), Deco Labels Collection Framelits (p. 186), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (p. 191), 3/16" Corner Punch (p. 181)

As you can see, the "You're Lovely" Stamp Set coordinates beautifully with the Deco Labels Collection Framelits, and it's just one of the lovely FREE things you can get for every $60 you spend during Sale-A-Bration! Fun, fun, fun!

Sneaky hugs,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have had the same feeling about in-colors. However, they seem to be retaining some of them when they do a color update. Oh, and you did a great job on the card!! You're a good sister to have around!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I KNEW I wasn't the only one who felt like that! Lol So glad you like the card.

      The Blog Hogger

      Delete