It's the Blog Hogger, aka Kathy's sister here. Kathy asked me to update her blog followers, many of whom are friends, on how she is doing, health-wise.
I'm thrilled to say that, after a postponement due to the electrical outages in our province, she had the surgery on her back yesterday! While she's in a bit of pain today, she is actually very upbeat. That's partly because she is relieved the operation part is over...and partly because she is taking some rather strong meds. lol (I soooo wish I could take some video of her muttering to her granddaughter, who is safely at her Nana's house unaware of Kathy's ramblings. However, she would not be pleased. lol)
Kathy will hopefully be released from the hospital by the weekend so, unless you live in Corner Brook and want to visit her in the hospital, I would suggest sending any cards to her home address.
Needless to say, I have had her Get Well card made for weeks, but haven't been able to post it until now. It's a little unusual for a Get Well card, but I freely admit I'm an unusual kind of person. :)
Anyway, here it is:
While the image may seem odd for a Get Well card, the snowman just seemed so happy-go-lucky I knew as soon as I saw it that it would be perfect for Kathy. You see, Kathy, even while in constant pain, is such a cheerful person and I wanted to have something fun for her to look at throughout her lengthy recovery.
Well, that's enough sisterly gushing. lol Here are the details for making the card;
- Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White
- Ink: Marina Mist (sponged around the snowman and the snowbanks), Pumpkin Pie (sponged around the nose), Chocolate Chip (for the sentiment and sponged around the Crumb Cake layer) and Craft Whisper White (snowflakes)
- The snowman is made from punches: His body is made from the 2 1/2", 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" Circle punches. (You could also use the Circles #2 Originals - #114526 or the Circles Collection - #130911.) The nose is one petal from the Five-Petal punch (you could also hand-cut a triangle) and his mouth was made using the 1" Circle punch. (You could draw a mouth if you don't add texture to the body.) His arms are from the Snowflake punch. (Alternately, you could use the leaves from the Bird Builder punch - #117191 or the Little Leaves Sizzlits - #114511.)
- Stamp Sets: Sassy Salutations and Gorgeous Grunge (the "snowflakes" are one of the Gorgeous Grunge stamps using Craft Whisper White ink)
- Extras: Bit of ribbon for the scarf, Dazzling Diamonds around the edges of the snowbanks and snowman and dabbed on some of the falling snowflakes, and the snowman is textured using the Big Shot and a snowflake emboss folder. (You could use the Northern Flurry Emboss Folder - #120902.)