Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Good Day Stampers!!

Well 2013 is almost over and a New Year is beginning.  What will it bring?  Hopefully it will be a year filled with happiness.  What is your New Year's Resolution?  Do people do this anymore? 

My husband says he will be glad to see the end of 2013 but I had many great moments and I don't feel the same way lol.  Quel Surprise!  I try to focus on the good things in my life and push the negative energy away. 

I will be starting my New Year off with extensive Back Surgery.  I will have a spinal fusion to repair several discs and to remove calcium pinching off the nerves leading to my legs.  I am scared but excited at the same time.  I am not looking forward to the long recovery period but I will be glad to be (hopefully) free of pain. 

On the positive side, my daughter and the baby will be home for another month.  It feels like forever since they left when actually it was only the middle of Nov.  lol.  So Carrie will be helping me get back on my feet for at least a month and little Emily''s job is to keep  me smiling.  I am sure she is up for the challenge. haha.

My New Year's Resolution is to get Healthy as fast as I can, to remain positive and to be a little more selfish about what I really NEED to do.  This will be hard for me as I am sure it is for most of you..  We tend to be Super Mom, wife, homemaker etc.  I am not sure if it will bother me to ask my hubby to empty out the dishwasher or to vacuum the floors, or if it will make me smile (secretly of course, wouldn't do to have him think I am laughing) Who knows?  It will make for an interesting year for sure!

But that is enough about me,  I have to show you the card that brought tears to my sister's eyes!  Yes she almost cried.  She said she didn't know whether to laugh or kill me.  I win the contest this time for sure. 

Here you go, have a look and let me know what you think!

 
There have been several of these box cards on the Internet.  Most of them used metric measurements but I had a hard time converting them so I used these measurements.  I took a full sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" and scored at 2", 4", 6", and 8".  then I cut off about 3 inches on the bottom.  I folded the card stock and mad a box shape.  This card folds flat and can be mailed out and popped up later. Look at all the sparkliness.  My sister loves sparkle so this was perfect.

 
Here you get a better look at the "mechanics" of the card.  I used Bermuda Bay and Smoky slate and the Festive Flurry die and stamp set.  Love that set!  Oh BTW this set will be carried over so you can still get your hands on it!  Yay!

 
I even folded one of the snowflakes to make it more 3 D. 

 
On the back where I put my sentiment.. 
 
What do you think?  Do you like it???
 
I also have a couple pictures of Emily to show you. 
 


 
Couldn't you just chew the face off her!  (as we say in Nl. )  Love that little smile!
 


 
Not too sure about the whole Santa thing.  But isn't she cute?  Growing up much too fast lol.
 
Well once again Happy New Year to all of you!
 
Festive Hugs!




No comments:

Post a Comment