(Now, don't panic about the title! Kathy isn't closing down her blog! LOL)
For any of you who didn't already know, I'm a teacher. This means that my year runs from September (new beginnings) to June (sigh of relief)! LOL
June also means saying goodbye to friends. (See, now the title makes sense. LOL) I don't mean saying, "See you in September!" I mean saying goodbye to those who are moving on in life, whether that means a job in another place or retirement.
This year I have had two people close to me retire. Conveniently (for you), one was a male and one was a female. That means I have two very different cards to showcase! :)
First, let me show you the male card:
This card was super easy to make, and yet had a lot of impact! Here are the details;
- Cardstock: Night of Navy (card base, although the picture doesn't show it well), Smoky Slate, Whisper White)
- Ink: Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, So Saffron
- Stamp Sets: Gorgeous Grunge, Sassy Salutations
- Extras: Angled Tag Topper Punch, Night of Navy ribbon, Dimensionals (for popping up the sentiment)
The second card is slightly different. Really, there's just a bit of a difference...
Seriously, female cards are just more fun to make! LOL While this card took a bit more time to make, it was worth it to see the look on her face when she opened it up!
- Cardstock: Crisp Cantalope, Whisper White, Old Olive
- Ink: Stazon Black, Crisp Cantalope, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Marina Mist
- Stamp Set: Flower Shop, Sassy Salutations
- Extras: Adorning Accents Edgelits, Pansy Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, retired Stampin' Up Embossing Folder
Note: This is a 5" x 7" card.
So, there you have it, folks. While it wasn't fun to say goodbye, it was fun to make the cards and see the looks on their faces when they opened them up, knowing I had specifically made the cards for them.
Shy and retiring hugs,