Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas to all my Friends!

Happy Christmas Eve Everyone!


Well the big day is almost here and little children have already begun tracking Santa on the NORAD site.  My children used to do that when they were little and I miss  that now that my kiddies are grown and have families of their own.

I grow very sentimental around this time of the year as I'm sure everyone does!  I miss my mom and my dad.  Mom is in North Bay, Ontario, miles away but only a phone call away thank goodness, and my dad passed almost 30 years ago.  But around this time of year he is so close to me sometimes I can almost feel his presence.

I listen to Christmas Music and think of years gone by.  Things have changed in our lives but I am still thankful for family and friends.  I have been blessed with a loving family and a beautiful granddaughter, Emily, who has brightened our lives and made us believe in Santa again.  We will be on Skype tomorrow morning enjoying Christmas with her. 

 
Emily at a Christmas Tree Farm! 

 
Emily and Santa!


I have also been blessed with so many wonderful friends, most of whom I have met over the course of seven years with Stampin' Up!  I would never had had the pleasure of meeting these people if not for this craft. 

So at this time of the year I would like to take this opportunity to thank my many friends and family and thank all of you for your support this last year.  Without you I would never be able to do what I love so much!


Today I will be sharing the card I did for Emily for Christmas.  She got a three D card using Frozen as my theme!  I saw some of these box cards done and adapted some of the elements to make her special Christmas Card.

Have a little look -





 
 
If you've ever seen the  movie you will recognize Olaf the snowman.  I know that Emily loves Olaf and I wanted to give her a card from that movie.  This card folds up and fits into a regular envelope.  I did however make my envelope a little larger as I wanted to add some stiff card board to protect it in the mail.

 
This was the back!  I used the retired stamps from Festive Flurries and Coastal Cabana and Smoky Slate Card stock.

 
Once again I broke out the retired products lol.  This is the snowflake punch. 

 
If you have seen the movie you will know that when Olaf appears to Anna and Sven they are in a forest of ice crystals hanging from the trees.  I tried to re-create that effect here.  I used white bakers twine and rhinestones.  Hung them from the tree from Take Care.

 
Olaf was a punch art project for sure.  Ovals and circles and I cut his hands and hair free hand.

 
This was the front of the box.

 
These pictures don't do this card justice to show you how sparkly it really was.  But now Carrie has the card and she has it displayed  for Emily to see.  Not sure how impressed she was with it but hey Carrie gets it right?  And I really tried!  lol
 
 
So that's it for today!  Doing some cleaning and just tweaking a few things today.  Went out for breakfast and enjoyed my morning with my hubby! 
 
 
So everyone have a safe and happy holiday filled with family, friends, and good times.
 
 
Merry Christmas to all!  



No comments:

Post a Comment