Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A few Projects!

Hi there Crafty Peeps!

I have had the most excellent three weeks!  Classes galore and lots of designing of classes and card stock flying everywhere.  But now the classes are over for this year and I am in the craft room putting the finishing touches on my cards.

I have so many to send out and while I am really great at making them I am not so great on finishing the insides.  I would much rather have the fun making them I guess.  But Christmas is not going to wait for me so I must resign myself to a schedule. lol

I have several finished projects to share with you and over the next week or two will do so.  I hope you enjoy the cards and the tags and I have one special card that I made for Emily to share with you but I have to wait until my DD sees it as I don't want to spoil the surprise.  I have to tell you it is probably the cutest card I have ever made and it kills me to have to wait to show you all. 

But alas I must! 


So here are today's shares -

 
This was a card I submitted to SU for a little contest.  I didn't win but I did have so much fun creating this beauty!  I used Island Indigo for my accent color.  I love this color so much.  I am drawn to blues and this one is really rich and lush.
 
 

 
I used a direct to paper technique.  The colors I used were Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, and Island Indigo for the sky.  The sand was Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso.  I stamped the bird images with Memento Black and the Grass.
 
I used the three blue colors on the Feathers.  I added a little versamark ink around the edges of the feathers and then picked up some silver embossing powder just on the edges.  I added them to the card using dimensionals.  I wanted the feathers to appear as if they were floating to the ground.  I love the colors and it was an easy card to do.

 


 
This card was done in my "Special Cards for Special People"  I used the star framelits to cut out a star in the front layer.  I ran the card stock through the Northern Flurry embossing folder to give it some texture.  Added the Santa from "Get your Santa On" set and a greeting held with some washi tape.  Fun little card to do.
 
Well that's it for today folks.  Back as soon as I get another 10 minutes to myself. lol
 
Rushed hugs!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment