Thursday, December 4, 2014

Clean & Simple Christmas Cards: Part 1

Hi Everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger here with a couple of VERY simple Christmas cards. And I'm talking simple! Really, really simple! One stamp set, Whisper White and Real Red cardstock, Black Stazon Ink and a couple of markers. They're fast to make, as well as simple, which is a real treat at this busy time of the year!

While these cards were made using the "Snow Much Fun" stamp set, they could very easily be made using any Christmas stamp set!

Here's the first of the cards:


I made eight of these in no time at all. I simply stamped one of the snowmen from the "Snow Much Fun" stamp set on the left and a sentiment from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set on the right. (So, I guess I really used two stamp sets to make the card! lol)

I didn't try to color all the snowman, just a few spots to add some color.

I did them assembly style, cutting the Whisper White fronts, stamping the snowman, and then stamping the sentiment. Then I simply glued them onto the Real Red card backs, and voila, eight cards completed!

The next picture shows where I put some Dazzling Diamonds onto the band of the snowman's hat and his snowball:

And this picture shows how I used the taller of the two snowmen:


Again, I made eight cards like this assembly style. And this one uses one of the sentiments from the "Snow Much Fun" stamp set, so it does actually use one stamp set! While I didn't even add Dazzling Diamonds to this card, I think it really works because the snowman is taller.

I don't think it can get much simpler, yet prettier, than this!  :)

And here's proof that you could use a variety of Christmas stamps to make this card:


For this one I used the "Dasher" stamp set, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip cardstock and Chocolate Chip ink. I added a few Stampin' Up Pearls and it was done!

Simple and fast hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment