Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sale a Bration and New Occasions Catalog!

Good Day Stampers!

I was supposed to post a photo tutorial on the card I did using Four Feathers but unfortunately I encountered some problems uploading my pictures.  Couldn't get blogger to let me upload them.  So checked again today and whoo hoo for you it worked.

So it was delayed but now it's not lol -

Here you go -

 
I use Stampin' Up!s grid paper for these projects because it is easier to line up my paper. I placed my whisper white card stock on the grid paper and stuck it there using painters tape. 

 
I then made a couple of  lines in pencil to the grid paper so that when I put my post it mask in place the lines will be straight.  I have some larger post it notes that work well for this.  If you don't have it then just use painters tape to the card stock and you have your mask. 



 
If you look closely you can see the distance I used. Now ignore the amount of lines you can count and add another one on each side as this was not big enough hahaha and I placed each mask up one!

 
next I added a couple more pieces of painters tape so the whole thing won't move. 
 


I then took my sponge and Lost Lagoon ink and softly sponged ink inbetween the mask.  I always start off the paper and sponge from the outside of the card stock towards the middle.


 
Then I took one of the feathers from the set and stamped the image in Lost Lagoon with the mask still in place.

 
 
With the mask in place emboss the smaller feather with White Embossing powder.
 
 
I embossed two feathers in whisper white on vellum.  Then I cut them out with the matching framelits.
 
 
 
 
I stamped the sentiment in Memento Black ink.
 
 
I scored two lines on each side.

 
I then glued the main image piece to a mat of Lost Lagoon!

 
I added the Vellum feathers with dimensionals.
 



 
 
Here is another card using the same technique but changing the orientation and also changing the color to Wisteria Wonder. 
 
This has been a long post today but I still want to mention the two new catalogs on the right hand side of this blog.  The new Occasions Mini and Sale A Bration started yesterday!
 
So check it all out and ooh and ahh at the wonderful products!
 
Feathery Hugs!


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment