Saturday, February 7, 2015

Colorful Birthday

Hi, everyone!

It's the Blog Hogger here with a birthday card I made for my youngest daughter's birthday. I wanted the card to reflect her slightly wacky, bright and cheerful personality. Just so you know, she gets the "slightly wacky" part from her father. (Those people who know me are all saying, "Yeah, right! lol)

Anyway, back to the card. It's bright! It's cheerful! I'm not so sure about the "slightly wacky" part but two out of three aren't bad.

So, without further delay, here's the card lying on the table, so you can see all the sections easily:


And this picture shows the card standing up . . . on a slightly dirty surface. I had removed a plant that I had recently re-potted and it left some dirt behind. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol)


I used a tutorial from Splitcoaststampers to make the screen divider card. You can find it here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/screendividercard/  It's called a Screen Divider card since it looks like a . . . screen divider!  lol

Details;

  • Cardstock: Real Red, Crumb Cake and Whisper White, along with scraps of Old Olive, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight and Real Red for the balloons
  • Ink: Stazon Black
  • Punches: Scallop Trim Border (top), Decorative Label (legs), Small Oval & 3/4" Round (balloons),  Owl Builder (the feet are the bottoms of the balloons), 1 3/4" Circle, Extra Large Oval
  • Markers: Same colors as the balloons, plus Basic Black for the strings
  • Stamp Sets: Party This Way & Happy Moments
  • Extras: Happy Birthday Embossing Folder (The last section was not embossed so it would be easier to stamp the sentiment and write on it.)
  • All elements were punched or cut out and popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals.
My husband put the final seal of approval on the card when he proclaimed it to be the best card I ever made! (BTW, while glowing from his praise, I was also scanning my memory recalling other cards I'd made that I thought were gorgeous. I'm pretty sure it's an objective thing, but it was still nice to get that unsolicited praise! lol)

Bright birthday hugs,
Colleen



No comments:

Post a Comment