Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hello Again!

Hello Stampers!


 I'm back from my extended visit with my daughter and granddaughter, the lovely Miss Emily!  I really enjoyed my time in Ottawa.  Fun times with Emily and the winter there while extremely cold was sunny almost every day.  Here in Newfoundland it has been snowing steadily since Jan.  Snow up to the windows and tunnels everywhere lol.

But enough about the weather.  I would like to thank Colleen, aka the Blog Hogger, my lovely sister for posting such beautiful cards.  Colleen you have really upped the game here on this blog. lol.

Now that I am back I am hoping to get into my craft room and provide you with some lovely cards too!.  I actually was home on Monday and I went to the craft room and opened up all my new merchandise that arrived one day after I left in Jan. lol.

I looked at the stamp sets and was a little over come.  No mojo!  Been away too long I guess.  But I decided to pick a set and just jump in.  So here is what I came up with -

 
The stamp set I chose to work with was Butterfly Basics.  This comes with the matching framelits.  Love the butterflies!  I used Coastal Cabana and Basic Black as my colors.  The ferns were stamped in Lost Lagoon.

 
On this one I used Basic Black as my card base.  The Black Butterfly is stamped in Memto Black and Versamark ink and embossed with clear Embossing powder.  Of course I used Dimensionals to pop it up.  The Ferns were stamped on the Sale A Bration Designer Paper called " Irresistibly Yours" speciality paper.  This paper is free with a $60.00 and is only available until March 31!  It is so easy to color, which means that it will match any color card stock. 

 
I did the same thing with the card but this time I went with Coastal Cabana for my card base.  Do you see where the paper resisted the ink from the ferns.  So cool. 
 
These cards will be my thank you cards for  March and also one of the cards we will do in class.
 
Well that's my share for today!  On to some Stampin' Up! news! 
 
Unfortunately the new line of Blendabilities Markers have been discontinued.  A disappointment for sure but Kudos to Stampin' Up! for taking a stand on quality.  Apparently there is a quality issue with them and many of the demos and customers have been finding that the markers are drying up too quickly.  I personally haven't had any issues but there is a 30 to 40 percent fail rate and that is too high.  So Stampin' Up! has decided to pull this line completely as the manufacturer is unable to fix the issue. 
 
Here`s what SU has to say about this whole matter. -
 
A number of you have experienced quality issues with the Blendabilities product line, which has resulted in frustration for both you and your customers. Due to the nature of the defect, we have concluded that difficulties, dissatisfaction, and product returns will only become more widespread. The manufacturer is unable to correct the problem in a manner that we are certain would meet our high quality standards and provide us with a stable, long-term solution. Therefore, after a great deal of deliberation and in order to prevent further disappointment, the Blendabilities product line has been discontinued.
 


Q & A
Q
: Will the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad (item #132708) and the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad Refill (item #133456) still be available for purchase?
A
: Yes. These items will also be featured in this year’s 2015–2016 annual catalogue.
Q:
What are the quality problems with this product?
A:
When the tip is welded to the barrel, the welding process can leave microscopic (invisible) holes in the marker tip. This leads to accelerated evaporation of the alcohol in the ink.

Q:
Is Stampin’ Up! aware that they have put me in a difficult position?

A:
We’re acutely aware that the decision to pull the Blendabilities line is painful for both you and for your customers; it’s also painful for all of us here at Stampin’ Up! We carefully selected a reputable manufacturer whom we believed could produce high quality, alcohol-based markers. But with the manufacturer reporting that 30–40 percent of the product produced could not be shipped to Stampin’ Up!, and with other defects being discovered by us when we tested the product here at Stampin’ Up!, we’ve come to the conclusion that both our demonstrators and the company are in a no-win position. Due to the nature of the defect, the problem would only become more widespread. That leaves us with only two possible courses of action: to keep selling the product (with uncertainty about whether the manufacturer could ever repair the defect) or withdraw it from our offering. We felt that we would rather pull the line than have you continue to try and sell a product with such a high fail rate and such an UNCERTAIN future.

Q:
If I selected Blendabilities as my Sale-A-Bration item and it is on backorder, do I have to choose another Sale-A-Bration item?

A:
Yes. We have fourteen other Sale-A-Bration items from which to choose.

Q:
Now that Blendabilities are no longer available as a Sale-A-Bration redemption item, will our remaining Sale-A-Bration items run out more quickly?

A:
With Blendabilities no longer available as a Sale-A-Bration option, it is anticipated that the demand on other Sale-A-Bration items will be higher than forecasted. For that reason, all Sale-A-Bration items (with the exception of stamps) will now be "while supplies last."


Well I hope that this Q&A answered all your questions.  But if it didn`t please feel free to message me via e-mail.  I will be more than pleased to resolve your issues.


Well this has been a very long post so I will close for now.  Hope you like the cards  I posted.  I know I love them!  But I`m not sure which color combo I like the best lol.

Till Later!

Flighty hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment