Sunday, March 8, 2015

It's a Theme

Hello, everyone!

It's the Blog Hogger bringing you two cards today. I used a theme to make these two cards. I needed two birthday cards: one for a man and one for the little girl who lives next store.

Hmmm, could I use the same stamps and layout to make both cards, while catering them to their individual tastes? Of course I could! I've got Stampin' Up products in my veins! (Well, not really because that would be dangerous, and I'm pretty sure it would also be impossible! Although I'm positive I've inhaled more than my fair share of Dazzling Diamonds! LOL)

So here's the first card:



I made this card for a man. I used the Holiday Home, White Christmas and Party This Way stamp sets, using the coordinating framelets to cut out the house, and hand-cut the car and the sign.

I colored the house the same color as his house and had a car arriving at his house for the upcoming party. I kept it pretty plain using Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Whisper White cardstock.

It's a nice card, appropriate for him. However, my neighbor is turning 12 and would want something a little more "girlie"!

So here's the card I made her:


Her family's house is green with a green roof so I colored the house the same colors. I changed the layout of the card from landscape to portrait. (Honestly, I changed the layout accidentally. LOL)

The car is colored a brighter color, and I changed the colors of the base card, taking out Chocolate Chip and swapping it with Calypso Coral. I also added some colorful balloons and used Dazzling Diamonds on the ground to copy snow sparkling in the sunlight. Additionally, I added Dazzling Diamonds to the rim of the "Party This Way" sign.

So, there you have it. You can use the same stamp sets, switching up the colors and withholding or adding bling and have two very different looking cards!

The same, yet different, hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment