Friday, May 22, 2015

Been Sick!

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been active lately but I have been out with a blown knee and then I got another chest infection. (I actually think the first one didn't go away properly).  I am slowly but surely getting back to business.

It has been a trying couple of weeks but I am hopeful that I will feel back to myself soon.

But just because I have been sick doesn't mean I don't have anything to show you today.  I was actually ahead of myself and had several cards to share with you.  So here's today's share!

I chose to spotlight "Love and Sympathy" for my cards today.  This stamp set will be retiring soon and I wanted to let you have a look at it before it is gone!

 
The colors for this card are Coastal Cabana and Old Olive.  I used a masking tape technique to make the background.  The focal image is stamped in Memento Black.  The card base is Whisper White.
 
 

 
This card is done very simply.  I used Whisper White as my card base and the top layer with the stamped image is actually water color paper.  I used Melon Mambo and Garden Green Markers directly onto the stamp.  Then I misted the stamp with water and stamped onto the watercolor paper.  I love the softness of this technique.  I lightly colored the edges with Daffodil Delight ink and an aqua painter.  The side sentiment was Teeny Tiny Wishes and I free handed the doodles.
 

 
This card was done in So Saffron a color I don't use much and now I'm wondering why lol.  I used a Very Vanilla layer under the focal image.  I also used the long stamp with the dashes from Butterfly Basics.  Once again I used markers to color in the stamp and then added a pearl to the center.  A tiny Butterfly from Petite Papillion and a few more pearls to embellish. 
 
And there friends you have it.  I hope you liked the cards I have for you today.  Hopefully I will get back to my regular schedule!
 
Healing hugs! 

2 comments:

  1. I especially love the first two cards. Fun techniques to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are Jacqueline, I notice you have been working with Misted watercoloring too. I love what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete