Sunday, May 24, 2015

Birthdays!

Hi there Everyone!

May for me is a busy month!  Mother's Day, and several Birthdays make this month a hectic one.  I had a birthday on the 12th and will be showcasing a couple of cards that made their way to my mailbox later on this week.

But first I wanted to share a card I made for my DD for her Birthday.  She was overdue by two weeks and missed both  my Birthday and  Mother's Day!  Should have realized at that time the type of lady she would become.  One of Kind, Unique, and remarkable. 

Carrie loves to get my cards and she especially loves whimsical cards (and polka dots)  So I dusted off the set called "A Little Smile" because I just love those little hedgehogs.

Have a look at what I sent her -

 
I used Naturals White card stock for the base and ran the layer through the Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot Embossing folder.  I then used a sponge Dauber and Daffodil Delight ink and tried to hit all the dots. 

 
 
I am still in love with circles as you can see. But I thought it would be nice to keep the theme of circles since I was using polka dots.  I stamped the focal image on Whisper White card stock and fussy cut out the image.  I cut off the sentiment and added my own.  I colored the image with Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz and Melon Mambo markers.  I popped up the image using Dimensionals.  Added a few little flowers using a Punch from the Itty Bitty Punches.  Added a couple of Candy dots and called it a day. 
 
Do you like it?  I thought it fit the whimsical bill to a Tee!
 
 
Now I haven't posted a picture of my favorite little girl in awhile and thought you might like to see how she has grown!  Still a funny and loving little person!  And the ponytails make me smile!
 
 
 
She is the spitting image of her mom at that age! 
 
Happy Birthday to my wonderful daughter!
 
Loving hugs!




No comments:

Post a Comment