Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Birthday Cards!

Hi Everyone!

How is everyone today?  I am feeling a little better but am still walking carefully and hacking up my lungs. lol.

Today I spent three hours at our hospital seeing a physiotherapist and occupational therapist and a nurse to be evaluated concerning my knee.  I then went to x-ray for a chest x-ray to see what is going on inside my lungs.

But on the upside I am still walking and still up in the craft room creating and doing what I love.  :O)

So for today I am going to share with you the card my sweet sister gave me for my Birthday.  Colleen always agonizes over my cards and I don't quite know why!  Oh wait I do - we love to compete with each other and see which card is the winner of some nameless contest that exists only in her head.  But I love her to pieces.  Sometimes I set the bar and sometimes she does and this time I love what she has done with my B-Day competition card.

Have a look -

 
Colleen used a retired set called Party This Way!  Love the Screen Divider card.  She also used some of her SAB DSP and sponged it using the colors she had chosen for the card embellishments. 

 
Here is a look at the first two panels.  There is Crystal Effects and Glitter on the cake and Sign.  Colors were Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizazz and Daffodil Delight. 

 
And the last two panels.  The balloons were punched out with oval and circle punches and then sponged and the little tie on the balloons was done using the foot from the Owl Builder Punch.  Of course Crystal Effects were added to the Packages and the balloons to give them shine which for some reason I just can pick up with my camera.
 
 

 
The little gem was sent to me by Valerie Parsons,  a lovely lady who is on my team.  She does wonderful cards and I am so blessed to receive one of them.  Love the bright colors and the cute button.  Thanks Valerie!
 
Well I have to head out the door to do some errands so chat you up later.
 
Rushed hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment