Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Re-visiting an old technique!

Hey there friends!


Today is such an wonderful day - the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog is finally released. I will have the link up and running later today. 

Don't forget readers, today is the only day when you can order from all three catalogs - The outgoing 2014/2015 Annual Catalog, the Occassions Mini and the brand new 2015/2016 Annual Catalog!  So grab a coffee and a catalog and go shopping!

Also, in my news, lol,  is the big launch party on June 3rd at the Glynnmill Inn for invited guests!  60 frenzied  Stampin' Up!  ladies will descend on Corner Brook for an evening of Make and takes and demonstrations!  There will be prizes and displays and I'm beyond excited! 
 
Today's post is one I actually forgot to share with you!  I am re-visiting a technique I taught last year called "Faux Patina"!   Have a look!

 
I used Blackberry Bliss card stock and Gold Foil to give this card a very special look.  The technique of Faux Patina gives depth and beauty and a wow factor of 10.  I used Gorgeous Grunge and gold embossing powder to create the spots. 

 
Here is a close up of the art piece.  This was done on Very Vanilla card stock and sponged with Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss and Night of Navy.  What wonderful colors that normally would not work together, but done this way ooh so beautiful.
 
That's my share for today!  Have fun with the new Catalog!  I expect my catalog will be dog-eared by the end of the week!  And oh boy, do I have a wish list!
 
Smell of new paper hugs!
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment