Sunday, May 31, 2015

Open Season on Man Cards!



Good day Stampers!


Well June is almost here and you know what that means, right?  Yup, it's time to make man cards!  With Father's Day on June 21st. We have to haul out the darker colours!  Yeah think, dirt!  For some inexplicable reason men are not into flowers or ribbon or even bright pinks!  I mean really!  

So I have a new class designed to help you make that transition from gojus to ho hum!  

Have a look at a couple of cards I have in mind for this class!

First up is this gojus (surprise I can use this word here cause it is very lovely in person)

 
This card uses dark colors to make an impact.  And yes you do see some glitter.  This is very much an elegant card!  I used Basic Black and Basic Grey for my colors and the stamp set is the new Photopolymer set called "Celebrate Today!"  I found this gem on Pintrest and thought it was just perfect for my theme of man cards.
 
 
Here is a closer look at the balloons! 
 
 

 
This next one uses "Lovely as a Tree" which is ALWAYS my go to set for men!  Pair that with Greens and Browns and you have a hit with the gentlemen!  This card is mounted on a Chocolate Chip piece of card stock sized at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  then the image and front are sized just a 1/4 " smaller.  Just thought I would change it up a bit from the standard card. 

 
This is the inside of the card.  I used "Hardwood" for the front stamping and also the circle framelits to create an aperture in the front of the card.  This card uses Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla for the accent colors.  This card is suitable for either a Birthday card or Father's day! 
 
Well that's what I have for you today.  Stay tuned for two other lovely cards (oops, manly) cards that finish off this set. 
 
Have a wonderful day and enjoy the sunshine (or rain) depending on you area of the world.
 
Getting it right hugs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment