Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Wine Neckties

Hello there, all you happy stampers! It's the Blog Hogger here with a little project I've been doing for my daughter and son-in-law.

They love making wine and gifting it to family and friends over the Christmas holiday, as well as various occasions during the year. Speaking as a family member, I love being the recipient of said gifting! Hic! :)

Anyway...Katherine gave me a wonderful idea when she came to our house for Thanksgiving recently. (Can you tell we live in Canada? lol) She brought a beautiful bottle of wine with her and decorated it with a wine necktie. Okay, that might not be the actually name of it, but I like it so that's what I'm going to call it. (For a Canadian I'm not very polite, am I? Sorry! lol)

Here's a picture of the Thanksgiving-themed necktie she made:

"

(Shhhh, let's all pretend not to notice I wrote the measurements on it so I wouldn't lose them. lol)

That necktie prompted me to make this one for...hopefully...my daughter's approval.


After sending her off a quick snapshot, both her and my son-in-law quickly responded that they loved it and so production began. (I'll give the details on how to make it at the end of the post.)

However, after making a few like this one, I decided to switch it up and try my hand at a different type, featuring snowflakes. After seeing both prototypes, my daughter asked for more snowflake ones for their Christmas hooch and ones with a blue house (like theirs), minus the Christmas paraphernalia, for year-round gift giving.

BAM! I nailed it! I will mail them the snowflake ones now and make the "blue house" ones as part of their Christmas gifts. Who says Christmas gifts always have to be expensive? Homemade gifts from the heart are the best!!!

So here's a picture of the snowflake wine neckties from the front:


Here's a close up showing a little bling:


This one's from the side :


And here's a picture of some of the ones I completed:


And here, at last, are the details:
  • I cut cardstock 3" x 7 1/2". 
  • I folded it at 2 3/4".
  • Then I used a corner rounder punch to...ah...round the corners. :)
  • Lastly, I used the 1 3/8" circle punch to punch the hole in the top. I found it easy to center the hole from left to right but didn't get them all perfectly centered from the top to the fold line. I can tell you that if you slide the cardstock into the punch as far it will go, it's a bit too far! lol
  • For my neckties I used Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White cardstock.
  • The stamp sets are Festive Flurry and White Christmas, both of whom are retired. However, pretty much any Christmas stamp sets would easily work.
  • I used lots of dimensionals to add some depth and, in the case of the house, used coordinating Stampin' Up markers.
  • My favourite thing, however, was using the Glimmer Paper! I LOVE bling! lol
So that's it for me. Remember, you don't have to make your own wine in order to avail of these wine neckties. Bought wine is still yummy and typically welcome at anytime of the year, especially as a hostess gift!

Tipsy hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment