Saturday, November 21, 2015

Christmas Flurry!

Hi, everyone! It's the Blog Hogger here, aka Katherine's sister.

Over the last few weeks I've been on a veritable flurry of card making. Every year I make Christmas cards for my two daughters, as well as for myself and my husband. Naturally, I make their cards first so they have access to them when they want to send them. I can always whip up some cards here in my house, even at the last moment. :)

I sent off their package a couple days ago and thought I'd share the designs with you. [Disclaimer: Some of the designs are copies of cards Katherine has already made. This is not really a legal disclaimer, just a recognition that Katherine is the best! lol]

So, here we go with card #1:



This is a simple card with lots of impact. I used Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and Real Red cardstock; Chocolate Chip ink; some retired Stampin' Up ribbon and a deer from the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper.

Card #2:




This card also features the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper, as does my third card. I used Pool Party, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Fussy-cutting the Santa was the longest part of putting this card together.

Card #3:


This one was super easy but I wanted to punch it up a bit with some sparkle, so I mixed some Crystal Effects with Dazzling Diamonds and used a paintbrush to make sparkles on the trees and roofs. It's lovely IRL and I think you can catch a glimpse of it in the next picture.


TIP: DON'T think it's the same thing as Dazzling Details and add the leftovers to your DD bottle. It will solidify and cause you to throw away the bottle. Sob! 

I used Always Artichoke, Pool Party and Cherry Cobbler cardstock; Cherry Cobbler ribbon and Always Artichoke ink.

Card #4:


I saw this card online at stampinpurrfection.typepad.com and made some minor adjustments to it. It features the Your Presents stamp set; Real Red, Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock; and Pear Pizzazz, Real Red and Daffodil Delight ink. I really like this set because it can be used for multiple occasions!

In total, I made numerous copies of eight different designs. These are the first four, so stayed tuned for the last four!

Four hugs for everyone,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment