Sunday, November 22, 2015

Christmas Flurry - Part 2

Hi, everyone!

As promised yesterday, I will now show you the last four of the card designs I used for making cards for my daughters.

The first of these four designs is a repeat of one Katherine had us make at a recent class.

Card #1:


It features one of the Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies and, quite frankly, it is just so quick and easy to do I made tons of them! lol Although you can't see it in this picture, I added some Dazzling Details to the snow to give it an extra sparkle! I used Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock, and Craft White and Night of Navy ink. The "snow" was made using stamps from retired stamp sets, but could easily replicated using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.

Card #2:


Here's another card using one of the Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies. I also used the Lovely as a Tree stamp set. I didn't want to do more snow in the sky but it needed something to identify it as a Christmas card, so I used a retired snowflake punch and some Silver Glimmer Paper to "shiny" it up! lol I balanced it out by adding some Silver Glimmer Paper to the back of the sentiment.

Card #3:


I freaking LOVE this card, which features a deer from the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper! It was designed by Tracy May (www.bedlamandbutterflies.co.uk) and as soon as I saw it, I wanted to make it! I used the new heavyweight Whisper White cardstock for the body of the card. It's soooo nice to use in this way! You still get the "clean and simple" look, but with the heft of the other colours of cardstock.

The template for the Marina Mist sponged circle was made with the 2 1/2" circle punch.

Card #4:


I wanted this card to be uber-elegant, with all gold and white accents! I had decided I wanted to use up the last of my gold cardstock to make way for some Foil sheets. (I just love the shininess of those sheets!) 

I used the Patterned Pines and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets, Whisper White and Gold cardstock, and lots of Gold Embossing Powder.

So, that's the last of the eight designs I used to make my daughters' Christmas cards. However, stay tuned for another (yes, ANOTHER) set of four card designs I used for . . . Never mind! I'll explain all about that tomorrow! lol

Sparkly, creative hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment