Wednesday, November 25, 2015

And the Flurry Continues...

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger again. This time I struggled with sharing the next set of Christmas cards with you. "Why", you ask? Because the pictures are all blurry! Yup, every single one of them! I know, I know. Now you're asking yourselves . . . or your nearest and dearest . . . why don't I just retake the pics of the cards? Sigh! Because they are on their way to my daughters' houses, and they live in another province. Poo!

So . . . what to do? Post blurry pics or don't post? Yup, I've chosen to post them anyway, since you can still see the designs easily and, quite frankly, I like the designs. lol

These cards were one-of-a-kinds that I made for the three children of my youngest daughter's partner. (You still following this? lol) When the children (twin girls and a younger brother) heard I was sending my daughter some Christmas cards, they asked to have some too.

I decided to make each of them two card,s which made six in total. I'm pretty sure I promised you four cards in my last post, so just consider the other two as a bonus for having to look at blurry pictures! lol

Card #1:


This card was one of a set of three. All of them are variations on a theme, to hopefully avert any cries of "No fair! You got the pretty one!" lol 

All three cards featured bright primary colors and different embossed backgrounds. The center images were from the retired Scentsational Season stamp set, popped up with Dimensionals on a piece of Whisper White cardstock which had been run through the Big Shot, using three different Framelits. 

Card #2:



Here's the second of the set, using the gingerbread man stamp.

Card #3:


This one is my favourite of the three, I think because it has a Read Red cardstock background!

With each of the cards I tried to match up the background with the Textured Impressions Embossing Folder; wood-grain behind the tree, random spots to mimic the gingerbread men's buttons and eyes, and snowflakes to echo the snowflake on the cup of hot chocolate, as well as the snowflake framelit.

Tip: I used the Textured Impressions Embossing Folders directly on the card base. However, I needed to use cardstock on the inside of the front covers to keep them stable. If I did these cards again, I would use the folders on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" cardstock and adhere it to the front of the card base. I think they would have looked better that way anyway!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shhh! I did a sneaky thing to make the next three cards. I used punch art gift tags, along with some Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper to make each of them. Why is that sneaky? Because I already had the tags made! lol Here's a sample of some of the gift tags.


Card #4:


This one is actually my favourite because I have happy childhood memories of Christmas penguins! Unfortunately, it is also the blurriest, so you'll have to take my word for it that it's really cute IRL.

Card #5:


I love this little elf, with his jaunty hat matching the designer paper. (I just covered the hat from one of the tags I'd already made.) He just looks so adorable!

Card #6: 

This little Rudolph punch art tag was easy to make and, with his googly eye, hopefully he will please one of the children!

Anyway, that's the third set of Christmas cards I have to share with you. Coming soon to a blog near you, however, will be a card I made for a six year old girl. It is definitely NOT a Christmas card but I think it's super cute. It also comes with a story! lol

Super cute hugs,
Colleen




No comments:

Post a Comment