Sunday, December 6, 2015

Penguin Revisited

Hi, everyone!

It's your friendly, neighbourhood Blog Hogger here, continuing to hog Katherine's blog! lol

In my last posting I showed you a card I titled "Photobombing Penguin". (http://inkinbythebay.blogspot.ca/2015/12/photobombing-penguin.html)

I had used a template I got off the internet but a very small version of the template had printed off. While I ran with that size, I wanted to revisit the template using the actual 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" size it was supposed to be.

So, last night I played with that cute penguin template and am really happy with the card I made! I have two sweet girls I will be sending cards to, and think the two penguin cards will be perfect for them!

This card will be for the youngest child:



The penguin stands up proudly and displays his Christmas sign! I particularly like the way he is holding onto the sign, which is causing his beak to be a little open.

Here's a better picture of it:


I cut the beak on a fold so I'd have the back and front of his beak. Then I just folded up and glued together a small piece of yellow cardstock, and popped it into his mouth in order to keep his mouth slightly open and hold the sign. Sometimes it's the little things that make me happy! lol

Except for the beak and eyes, and the addition of the sign, I stayed true to the template. I think he looks super cute!

Here's the details;

  • Cardstock: Textured Basic Black and Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Garden Green
  • Ink: Black Stazon
  • Stamp Set: Sassy Salutations, Hardwood
  • Other: Red Glimmer Paper,1" and 3/4" punches (eyes), linen thread

Super cute hugs,
Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment