Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sale a Bration and New Occasions Mini start today!

Good day my Lovelies,

Well today is the beginning of a new year and I would like to thank all my readers for their continued support.  I realize that I have not been as constant in blogging this past year or two but my life has changed and I find I have gained an active life since my back surgery and am spending more time away from my computer.  This is a good thing, but not so good for you, right?

I can't tell you that this will change but hang in there for the sporadic posts and know that I am still stamping my heart out and enjoying my life.

So on to the business part of this post.  January 5th, today, starts the annual celebration that we calls Sale a Bration!  For those of you who are new to the stamping circle, this means that for every $60.00 you spend out of the Annual and Mini Catalogs, you can choose a free something from the Sale a Bration brochure.

I have posted the two catalogs in the sidebar on the right hand side of this post for your convenience.  I hope you will take some time to have a look!  Once again Stampin' Up! has come through with a beautiful catalog and so many wonderful products.

A couple of my favorites are:

1.  Wink of Stella.  What you ask is this?  Well it's the newest way to add glitter to your project with a brush type applicator.  When dry it stays put!  Yes my friends, glitter that stays on the project!  How awesome is that?  And it is subtle.  It is featured on page 24 (Mini).  It comes in clear and gold.

2. Big Shot Die Brush.  This is the bomb for taking out all those pesky pieces from the dies.  And it works!  No kidding, a must have for anyone with a Big Shot!  Just check out page 19 in the Mini.  It's compact and makes your life so much easier, no more poking out the small pieces from the die cuts.

3.  Balloon Builders Bundle.  (Try saying that fast a few times lol)  This set is paired with a new punch and features some really nice sentiments and of course balloons.  (and yes I bought this one)  Page 12 of the Mini.


I could go to ten or more but lets keep it down to three for now.  I was so excited to get my products and  had to restrain myself from ripping into all the SAB products and Mini stamp sets.  I did go a little overboard but once you see the Mini and SAB brochure, I'm quite sure you will understand.

I do have a share for you today.  I made a quick card to send to a stamper recently and I used one of the SAB sets called Botanicals for You!  Lovely large word stamp for the front and some awesome sentiments for either the inside of your card or the outside.  Have a look -



The Stamp set is called "Botanicals for You" and it was free!  Sweet right?  I used Mint Macron for the base card and front.  I heat embossed the sentiment in Gold Embossing Powder and then I stamped a few of the leaves on the places where I wanted to put some flowers.  I stamped them in Mint Macron.  Then I ran this piece through the Big Shot using the Decorative Dots EF.  I stamped out a few of the flowers using Watermelon Wonder and then Soft Sky.  I fussy cut the flowers out and placed them on the card front.  I used Soft Sky on the small flowers so I could cut them out, but I turned them over to get the white side.  Smart huh?  I added a few rhinestones and for the inside of the card I used the sentiment " Because You're Awesome!"

I used washi tape on the inside to hold the sentiment card stock.  It is a great way to hold something in place lol.  I have been using washi tape more and more to hold the inside card stock as it is easy to remove if the recipient wants to reuse the card.

Ok well it's been a long winded post but I have to start packing for Ottawa!  I am heading there to visit with my darling little girl!  Can't wait for the Nana hugs to happen!  It feels like it's been a year since I saw her lol.

Catch up with you later hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment