Monday, February 1, 2016

Valentine's Day!

Hey there, all you crafty people!

It's the Blog Hogger here to share a couple of Valentine's Day cards I made. Sadly, there's no funny story to go with these cards. (Did I hear a collective "awwwwww"? lol) I'm so sorry to let you down, but the cards came together pretty quickly, with the second card being a CASE (Copy And Share Everything).

So, here's the first one:


It's pretty obvious this card features the Owl Builder Punch, along with a discontinued heart punch. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.

The owl's dress/vest/front thingie was punched out of Red Glimmer Paper, while the hearts were punched out of Red and Gold Glimmer Paper. The green stem was punched out in Old Olive cardstock using the Bird Builder Punch.

While I love the owl with his googly eyes, my favourite part of this card is the fold. The front section measures 2 1/2" x 4" and was cut out of Very Vanilla cardstock. The Pretty in Pink section measures 2 3/4" x 4 1/4".

The main section of the card was made using Real Red cardstock and some coordinating designer paper and measures 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". The section you can't see contains a brief message to the recipient on Very Vanilla cardstock.

Here's the second card:


I love doing punch art! I found this baby bird on Pinterest, aka "The Center of the Universe". lol

I found it here: http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/2010/06/silly-bird.html. Kim Score gives a very easy-to-follow tutorial on her blog.

I thought the bird was absolutely adorable and only made a couple of minor changes to it, substituting punches I had.

The card base is Pretty in Pink cardstock, with coordinating designer paper cut at 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". The Whisper White section measures  2 1/2" x 4" and the Pretty in Pink section measures 2 3/4" x 4 1/4".

Valentine hugs for everyone,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment