Friday, February 25, 2011

Punch Bunch and Muffins

Ok you may ask yourself about the title and to be honest it stumped me too.  We are expecting a huge storm here tomorrow and I needed something bright and fun and something to fill my soul.  So muffins - huh didn't expect that did you?  No seriously today's card is using the Free SAB set called Punch Bunch.  I love that SU makes Stamps to support their punches.  Also my DH loves muffins and today I thought I would bake some for him.  So the house is filled with delicious smells and music (I'm singing) and flowers.  I don't really care what is happening outside because for one - I can't see out for the snow banks. lol   So here is today's card tutorial.  I found this one on the net and liked the layout but I changed it up a bit by using different colors and DSP.  Hope you like it.

 I used Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry and Regal Rose classic ink, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, the Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" circle and the Modern Label punch, The new DSP Springtime (in the Occasions Mini), A crimper and lots of dimension dots and a rhinestone.
 I used Rose Red c/s, Always Artichoke c/s and Natural Vanilla c/s  I will post the measurements later. (I can't find my ruler in the mess that is my room)
 I cut the layers and laid them on the card then I used the paper crimper to add more texture to the always artichoke element.  Oh and I decided that I liked the ribbon on the outside of the Always Artichoke element so I moved it after.  I used dimensionals to layer the Always Artichoke element.  (That's why I could move the ribbon)
 I then stamped out two of the flower image using Regal Rose and one using the Rich Razzleberry and one using Crumb cake classic ink.  I punched out the Crumb Cake one with the Scallop Circle punch and the Rich Razzleberry one with the 1 3/8" circle punch.  I then cut out the flowers on the ones stamped in Rich Regal ink.
 I layered  the punched elements using dimensionals.  I added the cut out flowers using dimensionals also.
After this was added to the card I punched out the sentiment with the modern Label punch and Whisper White.  I stamped it in Always Artichoke ink and added a cut out flower and a rhinestone.  Done. 

Now to clean up my mess in the kitchen I litteraly just took the last batch out of the oven.  Cinnamon hugs and flowers for all.  Have a great weekend!  Chat with you on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card! I will definitely have to CASE it. (For those who don't know, CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything.)

    Thanks for the great idea!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete