Monday, February 21, 2011

wedding invite and table gift

Hello everyone!  Happy Monday - I know, if you work this is not a great day for you but I love my job and every day is a good one!.  Sorry I don't mean to gloat.  (I do really like to gloat)

I was hoping to have a new tutorial for you today but I had a friend come for lunch and we started playing.  Her daughter is getting married and we wanted to design a wedding invite that was simple but elegant.  So we went with a 5" x 7" postcard type invite with a Vellum overlay.  I think it turned out quite elegant if I do say so myself.  I don't have the stamp set from the occasions Mini called Easter Blossoms but I used the printer and copied the set from the catty.  This is just a template that we will update when the set comes in .  The stamp set is being ordered as we speak lol.  Let me know what you think!

We also did a candle that she is thinking about using for her table favor but this time I used the Elements of Style stamp set.  Colors used Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip.  The band at the bottom is removable so the candle can be burnt down without worrying about setting the house on fire.  lol.

Here are the pic's -
 The invite
 A close up of the cherry blossom image from the stamp set "Easter Blossoms"
The candle

That's all I have time for today as it is late and I still have to get supper for DH (and pretend that I did some house work also)  Time to get out the bucket and mop and pour a little Javex in it so he will think I spent the day cleaning.  I've tried this trick before and it works.  hahaha!!
Inky Hugs and Candlelight!

No comments:

Post a Comment