Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane and other such nonsense

Sing along with me inky people:

Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again!

Good morning Stampers!  I have been running around trying to get everything done before I leave.  (Puff Puff Pant!!)  I am almost ready and looking forward to a bit of a break -OMG what am I thinking?  I am going wedding gown shopping - no break there for sure.  But in the midst of clothes flying and Stampin' Up! products sneaking their crafty way into my suitcase (the silly things don't want to get left behind) I was thinking of all of you.  I know,  I know - gotta get a life right? 

Today I have a photo tutorial for you.  Since the last video was a Gift card holder and yesterday's post was also the same from Colleen I thought - HEY I have a trend going here.  So today's holder is for money (which I won't have any of by the time I finish shopping in Ottawa lol)

I used Not Quite Navy card stock, the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper from SAB (free with a $60.00 order) a 1 3/4" circle punch and some Daffodile Delight Taffeta Ribbon.  I used the Awash with flowers stamp set. 
 Cut the Not Quite Navy card stock at 7" x 8" and score on the 8" side at 2" and 5", cut the DSP at 1 3/4" x 6 3/4"
 Cut the Belly Band at 2" x 8"  I used a new punch that I have called Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border and used snail to adhere the punched card stock to the middle of the belly band. I also  punched out a half circle in the card stock with the 1 3/4" circle punch
 I attached the DSP with tombow glue
 I used snail to attach the ribbon card stock to the belly band and placed it around the money holder so I would know where to fold.  I then glued it together and trimmed off the excess.  I used the 1 3/4" circle punch and the Awash with Flowers stamp set and Daffodile Delight ink and punched out my circle.  I used a sponge to darken the edges of the circle and then attached it to the Belly Band.  I made a cute bow from the Daffodile Delight taffeta Ribbon and attached it to the circle with Mini Glue Dots.
 Here's what it looks like inside with the money (do you see wings on that $20.00?)  And we're done done and done.
 Well Inky people that's it for today.  I will post when I get to Ottawa and maybe there will be some sneak peeks at a wedding gown and a beautiful daughter.  Oh and Colleen told me where she got the template for the Onesie if you are interested.  Here is the link  http://houseofstirfry.com/chia/templates/tempI.html   Gotta run and get ready for a class tonight.  Million dollar hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment