Thursday, March 3, 2011

World News

Haha bet you thought I had turned this blog into a news program but you are wrong!  Maybe it is not World news but it IS my world news.  As most of you know by now my daughter Carrie is getting married this August.  I am smack dab in the middle of  invites, party favors and now I am throwing in Dress shopping.  Yes ladies I am going to be out of town from Mar. 22nd to Apr. 5th.  (Whatever will my DH do?)  I am flying to Ottawa to help her pick out the gown.  I will also be trying to find a suitable dress and shoes for myself.  Why oh why couldn't she have gotten married when I was a size 10? ( mind you I was around 14 years old at the time lol)  I will probably not be posting much during this two week period but I will try. 

Today I have a photo tutorial for you.  I was hoping to have a new video but after spending most of the day trying to upload and edit the da@# silly thing I knew that I wouldn't get this post done in time for you to get it today.  So here is a quick tutorial on the new Build a Blossom stamp set and punch. 
 This is a 3" x 3" Note card
First I stamped out 5 blossoms using Marina Mist and Whisper White card stock.  Then I punched them out using the Blossoms punch.  So easy.  I also punched out a star shaped flower using Marina Mist c/s and the Boho Blossoms punch. 
 I also punched out a circle in the same color, I will use this circle to adhere the petals of my flower.  Notice the sponge?  I sponged around the edges of the flower petals.
 I then used my tombow glue to adhere them to the circle.
 I stamped out the center of the flower with Marina Mist and punched it out with the 1/2" circle punch
 Then I stamped with Pear Pizzazz and used the smallest leaf on the same color c/s and punched out with the blossoms punch
 I glued the star shape in the middle and then I used the bone folder to create a curve on the blossoms.
 I added the leaves and some dimensionals and put it on to the note card.  I layered Marina Mist c/s cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" and the Springtime DSP cut at a little less about 2 1/ 2" x 2 1/2".
 Once all this was glued on I took a sentiment and made a banner out of it and stamped my greeting in Pear Pizzazz.
Finished yay!  now to go back to work on that blankety blank video. 
Beautiful blossoms punched out just for you.  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment