Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Treats or anatomy of a Chicken!

Hey stampers two posts in a row!  I'm on a roll....   Just finished getting back from a Doctor's appointment - nothing serious, just regular stuff.  Apparently the bad news is I'm going to live to get to Big Falls this summer!  Now for those of you who don't know me well,  my DH makes me go to Sir Richard Squires Provincial Park here in Newfoundland.  Affectionately known as "Big Falls" to all the male population who salmon fish.

 While this park is a beautiful park it is predominantly male oriented.  I feel like a camp cook :O)  Anyway up at 6:00am this morning to register for another year - this makes 38 years in the SAME place - and the site doesn't open up until 7:00am. 

Picture this - After weeks of preparation and simulated run throughs the launch time has arrived.  Hubby is poised with his finger hovering over the send button and freaking out cause he is worried we won't get our site.  Then finally the big moment -  the site finally lets us in and he has the  campsite he wants.   Big Panic cause he can't type fast enough so it's my Shining moment, I race to get into position and my fingers are flying.  SEND  Ok!   3 minutes after 7:00  the site is booked for another fun filled year.  Hubby doing the victory dance and I'm sitting at the computer staring at another summer in THE SAME FREAKING PLACE!!!!!!!!  Oh well by September I won't want to come home lol.  It usually takes me that long to get settled there hahaha.  If for some strange reason you happen to be in the area drop by ( I usually have my craft room there with me) at site 126.  We are the lifers - I mean the campers there. 

Now to get to the real reason for my post.   If you read through the long self involved (rant) post this is your reward.   As you all know my sister Colleen is one talented lady.  Every time there is a major holiday she makes a little something something for all the teachers/people she works with.  Easter is no exception.  This is her gift for this Easter.  So cute!!!  Inspiration for these chicks can be found here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1912777

 these little beauties hold mint patties for her co-workers.  Colleen used the Owl punch for the feet and the eyes and the round scallop punch for the bodies and a black marker for the cute eyelashes on the girl chicks.
Here is a picture of all of them before they fly away.  I hope her co-workers enjoy them in their mail boxes this week.  I don't feel like I'm giving anything away as there are only one or two who will see these before she doles them out.  Don't you wish you worked with her?

Thank you Colleen for your contribution.  Colleen will be contributing in the future with picture tutorials and if she does a really good job I may even post them!  Chirpy hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment