Monday, April 18, 2011

Number four!

Happy Monday Stampers!   Well the sun is shining and so is my mood.  I have had a productive weekend making wedding invites.  Both for my DD and for a lovely lady who will be getting married next July 2012.

Just a little heads up ladies,  I will be hosting a free marker class in the near future and if you currently own markers or are considering them and not sure yet, this is the class for you. You will learn some wonderful techniques for water coloring and using our markers. You will use your own product for this class and I will be sending out a list just beforehand. I will be posting the date on Friday so stay tuned.

 I  managed to make time to do a photo tutorial for you.  Today's card is the last stamp in the Four Frames stamp set that is available this month during the Spring is Blossoming promo.  I didn't use the matching DSP  for this one.   I decided to put together a set that I got for free during SAB.  The set is "Bear Hugs"  I think it is a cute set for a baby card.

I used a lot of products here but I had loads of fun putting this together.  Product used is scrap DSP, Pretty in Pink c/s and ink, Peach Parfait c/s and ink and marker, Basic Black c/s,  Watercolor paper, aqua painter and Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip markers.  Punches are the Designer Label punch, Scallop Border,  Wide oval punch and the extra stamp sets were Punch Potpourri (level one free) I also used Crystal Effects, Daffodil Delight marker and Real red marker.  Oh and White Organza Ribbon.  Whew it didn't seem like that much when I was pulling all the elements!

 The measurements are 5 1/2" cut on the 11" side scored at 4 1/4"  Scrap of Peach Parfait c/s
 some of the product used lol
 Stamped the image on Water color paper and on the scrap DSP.  Trimmed the bear image on WCP at 2' x2' the Basic Black measures 2 1/8" x 2 1/8" and the Peach Parfait c/ measures 2 1/4"  x 2 1/4"
 Colored in with the markers and Aqua Painter.  Cut out the booties and bib and glued them to the painted and dried image.  Used the Real Red maker for the heart and the Daffodil Delight marker for the rattle. 
 I matted the layers of c/s and added the bear image.  Punched out the border and attached it to the card.  The front of the card was cut 1" on one edge to make a different card. 
 I colored the ribbon with the Pumpkin Pie marker and attached the ribbon and border to the edge of the card.  This card was supposed to stand the other way but for some reason it looked better the way I finally did it.  Go figure.  I took Pretty In Pink ink and stamped the flowers from Punch Potpourri on the card in a random manner.
 Stamped the frame in Peach Parfait ink and stamped the greeting in Chocolate Chip ink and punched it out with the wide oval punch.
 Layered the greeting with Dimensionals and attached the greeting.  Probably not my best effort but hey they can't all be stunning.  (and you have remember I am burnt out from wedding invites :O)
So here is my baby card and I'm all ready for when my children decide to make me a grandma.  Oh and I put Crystal effects on the rattle to give it some shine and dimension. 

Please feel free to copy this card and also leave a comment if the mood strikes you.  I like to hear from you.  I am working on a video tutorial for you for this week.  Stay tuned!  Beary cute hugs from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment