Monday, April 25, 2011

Guest Stamper and Easter cards and class

Good day everyone!   Hubby is gone out of town for a week and while the cat's away the mice will play so I will be hosting a class at my home, 25 Massey Drive on Thursday evening at 7:00pm.  It's a Stamp a Stack featuring all cards for men.  The sets featured are "A sense of Time", "Uncharted Territory", "Lovely as a Tree" and  "King of the Grill".  The cost for this class is $20.00 please RSVP as soon as possible if you are interested.

 I hope you had a good Easter.  Yesterday I had company for dinner and cooked a huge ham, au gratin potatoes and vegetables with the tastiest Bunny cake (but the ugliest cake I have made in quite awhile)  So now I am overloaded on chocolate and sweets.

I did a couple of Easter Cards but because of the time crunch I didn't take pic's.  I have been so immersed in Wedding invites lately that the time is just flying by me.  Now there is talk of a Postal Strike.  Yikes my DD has Murphy's Law working for her for sure. 

Anyway my guest stamper is Mary Lambert Skinner.  Mary has been stamping for just over a year and has progressed nicely.  Her Easter cards are using a non traditional stamp set but it's great to see that she is working with what she has and making it work for her lol.

 The first card she has submitted uses a couple of sets.  "Happy together" and Asian Artistry and  shame on me but I am not sure of the name on the third set.  I will have to ask her lol.
 The second card uses the same colors and set but I love the use of all the Big Shot Elements and the punches.  I can also see that she is enjoying her new markers.  Great Job Mary! 

The next card was from my Sister and I have to say she was a LONG time coming to love the owl punch but has now found out that once again I was right!  This is one very versatile punch.  Just look at those eyes!!!
 This was Colleen's second card that she made to give to Debbie who also was invited to dinner.  This is such a happy, funny, cute card I may even case this one for my family next year.  She used the smallest oval punch for the eggs ladies, and don't you just love the head band with the pink ears?  Click on the pic for a larger view.

Oh and before I go,  This beautiful flower was in my mail box on Thursday when I came back from grocery shopping.  No card just the pot of flowers.  I wasn't sure who had decided to gift me with these bright and happy flowers but kinda figured it was from Debbie Tipple.  Yep it was her!.  I have to tell you they put a smile on my face that day.  Thank you so much sista from another mother.
Well that's it for today.  Due to slow connection problems I was late posting today.  Chat with you tomorrow.  Don't forget some bunny loves you!  xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment