Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stamp a Stack for the Men in your Life

Good day Stampers!  I am working on getting my cards done for a Stamp a Stack I am hosting on Thursday April 28th.  I received a couple of requests to do Masculine cards, because as we all know those pesky men are hard to design a card for right?  Most of us (well lets be honest, all of us) find it much easier to do the pretty cards with flowers and ribbon and cute things on it.  Men apparently don't like these elements quite as much.  I don't understand why but it is a fact.  So channeling my Masculine side I have designed a card for Thursday.   I borrowed this set from a friend and I love it.  The set is called "A Sense of Time" and lends itself well, I think, to man cards lol.    
I used Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy and Early Espresso Card stock and ink.  I used a discontinued item, twill tape on the bottom (cause I can't use ribbon remember?) and stamped directly on it with Not Quite Navy and the cogs stamp.  Of course you could stamp on card stock and crumple it up and then attach it to the card and that would work as well.  I used Sticky Strip to hold the "ribbon" in place.  I am very pleased with how this card turned out.  I will be using the other card I designed with "Uncharted Territories" that I posted the other day also.  I am currently working with "King of the Grill" and should have that one ready to show you on Thursday.  

I am getting ready to head to Stephenville for a class so have to run.  Just a quick pat on the back today cause I am still in my "Man" mode.  Aw heck there is my feminine side begging me for hugs!  So Pat, Pat, hug hug!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment