Friday, May 13, 2011

Birthday Bliss

Good Day Stampers,  I was wondering if I was going to get this post done as Blogger has been down for repairs all day but luckily they are up and running again.  Don't know if all the issues are taken care of but for now I am good.  Yesterday was a nice day.  Although the day started out grey and miserable and I had a flat tire as the day progressed it definitely improved. 

DH took me out for supper and we had a lovely supper.  I had a glass of wine and was feeling good lol.  After supper a few friends showed up with cards and gifts.  We were sitting around and suddenly it broke out into a full on card night.  I so enjoyed no pressure of teaching and trying to come up with a couple of cards in just a few minutes.  We wound up making three cards and the last one was a little more work to figure out the details.  (of course it could have been cause by now I had another drinky poo)  I got a couple more lovely cards and here they are -

 This one is from my friend Christine Simms.  I have always loved this set it's called God's Beauty and miss it since it is now discontinued. 
 Sharon O'Bryan was showing off her new found  skills at a Quilt card.  This is a great and inventive way to use up those scraps ladies.
 This was actually Christine's first B-day card she gave me last night but her DH said it looked too much like an Easter card so she did another one.  So I got two cards from her lol.  I think she is an over achiever lol.
Now you will recognize this card as one I did a little while ago but last night when the company was here I decided to re do this card and bump it up a little.  I colored the stripes in the sails with a marker.

 And if you look closely you will see I stamped out the sails and popped them up on dimensionals.  I also popped up the boat.  It's different and I do like it.
 This card was literally thrown together.  I wanted to use the new stamp set I purchased from the Summer Mini called Fabulous Florets.  You probably can't see it here but we smooched the flower with the Frost smooch.  This card because of it's simplicity could be done with several bright backgrounds like pumpkin Pie etc.  I see a set out of this one ladies.
Now this one we kinda struggled with as we were running out of time, one of the ladies had to go and we were trying to get it done in a hurry.  Stamp set Nature Walk and Presto Patterns DSP.  This card just evolved into what you see here.  I used Early Espresso to grunge up the Marina Mist c/s and Marina Mist ink and Old Olive ink and c/s.  I added a black pearl for the eye and the card just looked better.  Wasn't sure at first but now I quite like it. 

Well that's it for today ladies.  I have to go out tonight and have a few things to do before DH comes home.  Chat with you tomorrow!  10 minute hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment