Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Don't Smile for the camera!

Good day Stampers!  Well I'm not long back from my last road trip.  I went to Burgeo.  Had a great afternoon there and met some lovely ladies.  This class was for all the wonderful volunteers there that help out on a daily basis at their school.  Their nutrition program is one of the best on the island and seeing so many faces at the table I can't help but think they are very special to give so much of their time and energy all year long to their community and school.  Congratulations ladies.   The ladies made two cards yesterday and    after the class we were fed a wonderful meal of salads and chicken and dessert.  These were provided by the teachers and the school to say thank you to all their volunteers.  Both Mary and I were given a really cute hat that was done by one of the ladies.   And then Mary and I drove back to Stephenville.   Mary Gaultois went with me and helped teach.  Thanks so much Mary for your help, I really enjoyed your company all day!Got back to S'Ville about 8:45pm and stayed at the O'Leary Hotel.  (My sister's place)  Got a great night sleep and back in prime condition today. 

So I got home this morning and had to go and get my picture taken for a driving license cause my B-Day is May 12th and apparently this is the year for photo renewal.  Crap I hate getting my pic taken.  So as stated DON"T smile for the camera.  hahaha.  But I must say I was not too displeased with the final product.  I don't appear too old (or it could be that my eyesight is failing due to advancing age). 

Well after all this I managed to get a card done very quickly to show you..  I purchased the new stamp set Fabulous Florets from the new Summer Mini that just came out.  I have another class tonight and this is the card I designed for them. 

Because they are all newbies I needed a simple card done with random stamping.  This is a bright and colourful card and I love the simplicity of it.  The colors used are Pumpkin pie, Pear Pizzazz and Melon Mambo.  I channeled my inner Debbie Tipple (my friend who likes blindingly bright colors lol).  What do you all think?  Not much technique wise but a 10 min card that says it all. 

 I also have my DD's Birthday card done but can't post it until she gets it cause she checks out this blog from time to time.  Don't want to spoil the surprise but I think I hit it out of the park again this year.  This was last years card and she LOVED it so lots to live up to this year hahaha
Now I have to go and unpack and get ready for the next class.  Don't forget my Birthday BashPlace an order between May 11th - 13th and I'll pay the shipping and handling. 

Also if you want to drop in to make a couple of cards on Thursday evening at my house and have cake just let me know.  I would love to play!

Flowery hugs for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment