Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm in the Navy! I'm in the Navy! Photo tutorial

Hi everyone!  Just getting back from a hectic evening in Baie Verte.  Once again they have exhausted me (but in a very good way).  I can't even speak no I mean I can't speak.  Good news for my DH lol.  Even my voice has given out. 

But even though I am tired I still found time to do a photo tutorial for you as promised.  I used the new single stamp image called "Sailing Away"  I found this card done in a similar way the other day and cased it with this stamp.  I like the clean crisp colors of white and blue and the fact that it is a simple card to do makes it all the more appealing to me.


 You need Pacific Point c/s, Sail Away Stamp, new Summer Mini, sponges, grid paper, snail tape, night of navy marker, cajun marker, something to mask with either paper or post it notes or card stock that can be taped to the paper to hold it in place.  Two way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds.
 Start by lining up your whisper white card stock to the lines in the grid paper so the paper is straight.  Add a small bit of snail tape to the back to hold it in place.  Count up from the bottom, three lines and mark it with an x.  then count another four lines and mark another x. 
 Now take the paper and line it up with the x. Snail down the paper to hold it in place.


 Do the same with the other paper.  Get your ink and sponge and starting at the outside of the card stock and using small circles, sponge the whisper white c/s.
 Leave a white section in the middle of the c/s.  Make sure you don't have straight lines to mark this area.  You want it to look soft.
 Peel off the mask and you now have a lovely flat sea.
 Using a Night of Navy marker color in the sails, water and seagulls,  color in the boat with Cajun  Craze marker.  Now huff (breathe heavily) on the stamp and place it on the bottom water line. 
Add your greeting using Night of Navy ink and then take your two way glue pen and add glitter to the water.  And your have a beautiful card suitable for the male animal. 

Got to go now and unpack and cook supper and try not to go into a coma.  My thanks to Michelle for being such a great hostess,  How are you holding up after the stampathon session?  

hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment