Monday, May 30, 2011

Scrappy Attitude

Hello Stampers!  Happy Monday (only someone who loves their job says that and I am one of those lucky few)! 

Today's card doesn't have much stamping in it but as I have revealed to you I am a DSP hoarder.  Now that I have come out, I am trying to curb my addiction.  I have saved all scraps of DSP even ones as small as my finger lol....  So now I am going to show you how to use up some of your scraps.  I have seen this done on Splitcoast but have never done it before so Here we go-



Party this Way card
 My stash of scraps.  I'm so ashamed :O(

 Product used - Party this way Stamp set, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist, More Mustard and Whisper White card stock, various scraps of DSP, the Extra Large Bird Punch, Pumpkin Pie ink and sponge, Dimensionals, Tombow Glue and Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Marina Mist and Melon Mambo markers. Big Shot and Polka Dot Embossing folder.




 Pumpkin Pie Card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 11" and scored at 4 1/4 "  Marina Mist cut at 5" x 3 3/4" Whisper White c/s cut at 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"  Various scraps cut at what ever you want lol.
 Punched out 5 wings and sponged around them with Pumpkin Pie ink
 Glued on the various "candles" and added the "flames"  Took the Early Espresso marker and made a wick.
 Colored the stamp with Marina Mist, Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie markers - huffed (breathed on it) and stamped on scrap whisper white.  Cut out around leaving a white border and then placed Pumpkin Pie c/s under the cut out piece and trimmed free hand around the image to give a border.
 Used the Border punch on a scrap of Black (which since my DD's wedding is Black and White with a touch of Red I have a TON of)  Glued that to the bottom of the candles and then popped up the Party this way on Dimensionals. 
A nice bright and colorful card and easy peasy.  Working on another fast aproaching deadline so have to run.  Flaming hugs for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment