Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fast and Fabulous Sympathy Card

Good Day Stampers!  I can't believe it's Wednesday already.  Where in the world has the time gone?  All I can say is it's a good thing I retired from my job and now devote my time to Stampin' Up! cause I would never make it otherwise.

Today's card was done with love and sadness.  A good friend of mine lost her husband in a freak accident this weekend and I needed a special sympathy card.  While I hate doing Sympathy Cards I find comfort in being able to make something special for the person who is grieving.  I cry and stamp and pour my heart and soul into every part of the card.  So I guess I am sending my love and care in the only way that makes sense to me. 

I used the level Two stamp set called "Fast and Fabulous"  and  I am pleased with how it turned out.  Lost of time and cutting but the end result is beautiful.  You won't find this in a store ladies!

 I used Marina Mist, Daffodile Delight, Pear Pizzazz and Not Quite Navy for the card stock and color.
 A close up of the details.  I used the pearls and added some ribbon to the flowers.  I punched out the leaves using the Bird punch and sponged them with Old Olive.  I ran the circle through the big shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.

Of course with a sympathy card I pay more attention to the details and always finish the card on the inside.  I will write in my comments later. 

On the whole it works.  Well everyone thanks for spending time at my website today.  Have a great day and don't forget to tell your loved ones you care because we never know what the future will bring.  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment