Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Can't Believe it!

Good day stampers!  Well after months of preparation for my DD's wedding in August I am finally getting everything put to bed.  The largest and most time consuming has been my candle project.  I have stamped on tissue paper, colored the image and then embedded it into the candles and last night I put the finishing touches on two special candles and I am now officially finished.

 Now usually I only show Stampin' Up! here on my website but since Carrie purchased these stamps before I joined I am going to make an exception (also want to show all my hard work lol).  I have to say I have come to hate these stamps she purchased also.  She paid a lot of money for each stamp but they don't work even half as well as Stampin' Up! rubber.  The rubber is stiff and doesn't take the ink properly.  For every four times I stamped the image I lost one or even two due to flaws in the image on tissue.  Really frustrating!   While the image is totally cute, the rubber is crap!  (OOPS can I say that here?)

But it's worth every curse word and hair pulling moment.  The finished product is lovely and I can't wait to see them on the tables.  They will be placed in a cello bag and a ribbon tied around the top after we get to St. John's where the wedding will be held.  This way the packaging will stay nice.  So for now here is the reveal -
drum roll please!

 The front of the candle.  I used a name stamp that I got from Stampin' Up!.  I used Real Red markers to color in parts of the image.  I also used Real Red card stock to make the Belly Band and Retired Brides DSP.   Picture 70 of these beauties on the tables at the wedding.  Can we say stunning!!!
 Here is a side view of the tag I designed for the candle.  Her colors are Black and White with a touch of red.  But since all the other decorations are done in Black and white this will be her touch of red. 
 She asked me to do two special candles for her Bridesmaids.  I decided to use the Bridesmaid stamp and the Bell border stamp she purchased.  On the back of the candle is their name and date.  I also used the Silver Chunky Glass Glitter, and some not so legal ribbon :O) but whenever I could it was SU all the way!
Purchased some glasses for them and then of course I had to bling it up!  I positively hate blank space.  I did not know that about myself.  So Ms. Big Shot and I did some Mr. and Mrs. on the glasses.  This picture is not too great but I don't want to take them out of the box.  It is too hard to get them back in. 

So I don't have a card for you today but I just wanted to share this with you, so you will know that I have not been kidding about being busy!  Don't forget to hug the ones you love and get those fingers inky!  You light up my life hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment