Friday, June 17, 2011

I warned Ya!

Good day Stampers!  It's another Friday and I'm looking forward to a good long weekend here in Newfoundland.  No particular reason for the extra day just that hubby's off so that means I'm taking a break also.  Nice!

I did warn you all yesterday that I would be finding ways to use these lovely flowers and I have the first one done.  I used the Island Indigo flower and paired it with Lucky Limeade. 

I have also included a  sneak peek at a pre order set I got called Simply Soft.  I love the images in this set and it is the perfect two step stamping set.  Some of you may be asking yourselves "What is two step stamping?"  Well, it's when you stamp the main image on your card stock and use another stamp to fill in the color.  Take a close look at the flowers on the bottom of the card.  The main image on the flowers was stamped in crumb cake ink and then I used the Island Indigo filler stamp to color in the flower.  I also used the new marker Lucky Limeade to color in the stems.  Cool eh?  (I am Canadian and Eh is in my blood :o)
I sprayed the flower with Shimmer Paint to give it some sparkle.  Tacked on a Banner and tah dah!!! I have a quick and beautiful card for someone special.  Gotta love that!


 And I have another one for you today...this one is from one of my stampers, Susan Young.  She picked up the Fabulous Florets stamp set this week and immediately went home and played with it.  I love the fabulous color combo.  You also must have a good teacher lol.  Thank you Susan for submitting this photo so I could display it today.  Great Job!


Well I have a lot to do today to get ready for my weekend off so I will chat with you sometime next week.  I also have to warn you that over the next couple of months due to holiday time with DH and DD's wedding I won't be posting as much.  But I'm sure you will all understand.  Summertime is when we all enjoy some down time and I am no exception.  But I will be posting sporadically so sign up for e-mail and that way if I post you will know it immediately.  (Yeah I'm that into myself that I expect you to wait, holding your breath, until I post again, what am I thinking? )
 From the Island of Newfoundland - Island Indigo Hugs!

1 comment: