Friday, June 3, 2011

Just Ribbin' Ya!

Good day everyone!  Well it's Friday and the start of the the weekend.  What are you up to this weekend?  I'm probably going to shut myself in my craft room and get some work done.  But only if it's raining.  When the sun shines I play hooky!

Today's card is another attempt on my part to use up some scraps that have pretty much taken over my space.  So today I am using up some of the itsy bitsy scraps of ribbon that I just can't throw away.  Also some/most of it is retired and since I can't use it for workshops then it just sits in the jars and makes me feel guilty.  Oh and since Stampin' Up is retiring the Baja Breeze chunky glass glitter I guess I will use that up also.  big sigh :O(   So here is today's card.  Not quite sure if I love it but you know sometimes it takes awhile to grow on me.  I don't always hit the mark although some of you may think that I never make mistakes.  I do but I just don't share them with you lol.


This is how I store my ribbon scraps.  Some people keep change in theirs but not me.  hahaha
 Started with a Basic Black card stock cut at 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4"  The Whisper white strip is 5 1/2" x 2" and the Real Red is just a left over scrap from my DD's wedding.  (You would think by now I would be sick of the color combo Black and White with a touch of red but hey work with what you have at hand I always say)
 I added a piece of Sticky Strip to the middle of the scrap Real Red c/s and then poured the Baja Breeze chunky glass glitter over it. 
 I also added a piece of Sticky Strip to the Whisper white c/s and then cut all my ribbons to approx the same length to make it easier for me to line them up.   Used the scissors to trim the ribbon ends and add more interest.
 Lined them up on the Sticky strip and moved them around until I was content with the look.
 Added another couple of pieces of Sticky Strip to the back and stuck it to the card.  I then glued the strip of real red c/s. to the card.
 I used the flourish stamp from Vintage Vogue to stamp on my label.  I stamped off about four times to get a fainter image.  Then I stamped Happy Birthday in Basic Black.  I punched it out with the label punch and also another one in Real Red which I trimmed to line the greeting.  I added a couple of dimensionals and placed it on my card.
The finished project. 

Ok I'm finished for today and now I am going to get back to work.  Have to make a pizza for supper.  Just a little craving don't you know.   Be-ribboned hugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment