Monday, July 25, 2011

Because I Care!

Hello, everyone!  I can't believe I'm posting two days in a row (and, yes, I am Kathy's sister Colleen)!  Like the title says I'm doing it because I care.  What do I care about?  Well, I care about Kathy's sanity, which is currently balanced precariously on the edge of the upcoming wedding!  hahahaha  So I know she is relieved/happy/encouraging when I make a post.

I also care about family members who get into accidents.  One such family member is currently feeling very "ouchie" right now, so I made her a card to let her know I (and by "I" I mean my husband and I) care.  Hopefully, by the time she gets the card she will be feeling a lot better, which is why I went with the statement "because I care" instead of "get well soon".  (Overthought it a bit, huh?  lol)

Anyway, here's the card:

Since the recipient of the card does not like lots of bling and over-the-top cards (and yet is still related to me, go figure), but loves flowers and the colors green and anything in the brown family, this card should do the trick.

I cut Crumb Cake cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored it at 4 1/4".  Then I cut another piece of the same cardstock 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" and ran it through the Big Shot in the "Square Lattice" Embossing Folder.  I attached some Old Olive ribbon along the top edge of the embossed piece making a couple of tucks in the ribbon on the right side.  Then I used Tombo glue to adhere the two pieces of cardstock together.  (Warning: Make sure you use plenty of glue when you are using cardstock that has been textured using the "Square Lattice" Embossing Folder . . . especially if it is around humidity!  Don't ask me how I know . . . but it's embarrassing when your newly-given card starts to come apart in front of your horrified eyes!)


Next, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 3 3/8" x 2 3/8" and stamped the flower image from the "Because I Care" stamp set using black Stazon ink.  I colored the flower using So Saffron, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Old Olive markers.  Then I cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" and rounded the top two corners of each piece with the 3/16' Corner punch.  I used my Mat Pack and Paper-Piercing Tool to make some small holes in two of the diagonal corners on the Very Vanilla cardstock.  (Warning: If you use the Mat Pack and Paper-Piercing Tool make sure you pop your image up by using Dimensionals, otherwise the back of the holes will flatten down and it won't look as good.)  I used Black Emboss Powder to make the statement stand out, layered the two pieces of cardstock using Dimensionals and finished by adding tiny pearls in some of the centers of the hydrangea.


Well, that's it for the card but, before I go, let me just give a shout-out to three indispensable (in my opinion)  Stampin' Up tools.  I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the placement of the sentiment perfect.  (Don't know if you can see the tool clearly in the pic below.  I used Very Vanilla cardstock so the sentiment would stand out a bit better.)  Even with having the advantage of Clear-Mount stamps . . . and you definitely need it for Wood-Mount stamps . . . it is sooo much easier to get your sentiment to land exactly where you want it to be using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.


The other two products I really like are the Mat Pack and Paper-Piercing Tool.  I love the look of paper piercing and these products make it so much easier to get a straight line of holes.  (Can you tell I'm attracted to things that make my life easier?  lol)  I also use the Paper-Piercing Tool to help me "pick up and put in the right place" things like pearls and rhinestones.  Love it!


Well, that's it for now, everyone!  I've gotten two postings done in the last two days but you can blame it on the rain (Remember Milli Vanilli?  lol), and now that it's going to be sunny for the next couple of days I'll be playing outdoors!  Happy sunny, caring hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment