Sunday, July 24, 2011

Not a Wedding Thing! :)

Hi there, happy stampers!

This post is coming to you from Colleen, Kathy's sister.  Not being the mother of the bride, with all the mind-boggling details involved, I decided to share a card that has absolutely no connection with the upcoming wedding.  (I know!  It's a shock, isn't it? lol)

I made this card as a thank you for oldest daughter's boyfriend's parents (You still following?) who we met on a recent out-of-province visit.  They invited us to their house for an absolutely wonderful tea!  Therefore, as with every event in my life . . . 'cause I'm almost as addicted to Stampin' Up as Kathy . . . it's a reason to create a card!  lol  Here it is . . .


This card was pretty simple to make.  I cut the base at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and scored at 4 1/4" using Really Rust cardstock.  (I'm on a mission to use up some of my older supplies, which I'm finding hard to do 'cause I love the new colors so much!)  Then I cut a piece of Bordering Blue cardstock at 5 1/4" x 4" and used the 'Square Lattice' Textured Impressions Embossing Folder run through the Big Shot.  I followed that with a scrap of Old Olive cardstock embossed with the "Finial Press" folder, and fancied up one edge with the Scallop Edge Border punch.  I also added some Old Olive ribbon.


Next, I used Confetti White cardstock, the Big Shot and the "Two Tags" Bigz Die to get my main element.  Then I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink using the large flower from the Elements of Style stamp set.  (You might notice that I forgot to ink up the bottom of the stamp.  I knew I wasn't going to use the whole image so got sloppy.  Oh well, as Kathy always says, "It's not a mistake.  It's an opportunity for embellishment!"  lol)  I colored the flowers and leaves using a Blender Pen and ink.


I stamped the sentiment using the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set . . . that Kathy gave me for my birthday (What a sweetie!) and punched it out using the Small Oval punch.  I backed it in Really Rust using the Large Oval punch.

I finished off the card with some Chocolate Chip sponging around the Confetti White cardstock, pearls and Dazzling Diamonds.

Well, that's it for now.  Chocolate chip kisses and Dazzling Diamond hugs!  (So how did I do, sis?  lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment