Monday, August 29, 2011

Nervous Breakdown - check!

Hi there Stampers,  it is a beautiful but windy day here in Corner Brook, Nl.  We are getting the tail end of the tropical storm Irene.  It is about 28 degrees and muggy but oh the breeze..... love it!  I am back from my weekend break and my scheduled nervous breakdown was a lot smoother than I anticipated.  Went for a ride on my DH's new quad.  He took me in the woods so I could get a few blue berries.  It was a sunny weekend with a lovely breeze and the flies were not too plentiful so I didn't mind it too much lol.  Got a gallon of berries so Sunday was blueberry pancakes followed by lunch and dessert - yep - blueberries with milk and sugar.  yummmmm!!!   Newfoundland blue berries are packed full of anti-oxidants and flavor.  Of course I am only concerned with the health benefits...(shush don't mention the sugar hahaha)

I have a card for you today.  No tutorial but I will explain it if I can.  I made this from a new set I received from Stampin' Up!.  The stamp set is called "Language of Friendship"  it is featured on page 101 of the IBC.  There are four stamps two of which can be punched out with the Boho Blossom punch and Bird on a Branch punch.  Gotta love it.  So my sister, Colleen, had a birthday in July but I was so busy with the Wedding that I didn't get a card to her.  Fortunately she understood, or at least she said she did.  Who knows?

While I was in St. John's for the wedding I gave out all the cards that I didn't get mailed out during the last couple of months.  I think mostly everyone got a card.  Seeing the reaction was nice for a change also. 

Ok enough with the chit chat - here are the pic's.

 I wanted to make this card look like a bird house so I used the direct to paper technique.  I started with Night of Navy c/s and dragged the same ink down the card stock.  Then I used Early Espresso ink pad and did the same thing.  To finish the wood grain look I ran the White Craft Ink lightly over the whole thing.  The circle was punched out with the 2 1/2" circle punch in Silver and Early Espresso ink ran vertically over it with White craft ink to finish.  I stamped the bird image on Bashful Blue using versamark ink and poured Silver embossing powder over it and heat embossed it with the heat tool.  I stamped out the flowers with Calypso Coral ink and Pool Party.  Sponged the leaves with Old Olive ink (my stand by)  Assembled the whole piece with dimensionals and tombow glue on the lower part of the circle. 
 I used a scrap of DSP to make the "Roof".  I cut it the same width of the card and then made a score line so I could bend it over the top of the card.  I glued the roof down on the inside of the card with tombow and to cover it I just cut another piece of Night of Navy c/s and glued that over the seam.  I tied a Bashful blue taffeta ribbon on the top and punched out the edge with the scallop border punch and added some pearls.  I added a greeting and placed it on the top above the bird.  I was working on it while talking to her and I just couldn't get it right.  I fussed with it though until I was happy.  So what do you think???
Here is a close up of the wood grain and the details of the bird and flower. 

So that's it for today ladies.  I am looking forward to labor day weekend and then getting back to normal.  I now have my video camera back so look for some videos later in the month of Sept.  Also will be scheduling an OPEN HOUSE for around the middle of Sept.  Details will be posted after Labor Day.  If you are in the area hope you can make it.

So a calmed down hug from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment